Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 with maker "A&S"

Hi,

I never saw that marking on an EK2. Is that a known maker of these crosses???

Rare?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Quit interesting !
      The stat chart by Blitz does not show a marked EK2 like yours with " A & S " or just an 'A' alone . The 2 maker abriviations used by Assmann & Söhne .

Looking at the cross itself how ever it does not match what is thought to be an Assmann EK2 / or Schauerte & Hohfeld . You may want to have a look at this thread .
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=Assmann

As your cross does not match to the ones in the thread above - I am thinking that the A&S mark may be recently added to the ring ?

Douglas

Comment

Hi Douglas,

I´m pretty sure, that the marking was not added post war. I´ve got it today on a small show here in Germany for less money, the seller was not interested, that there is a maker mark in any way.
        I will add more pics, it is a 3 piece construction with magnetic core. The weight is 18 gr, and the wingspan 44 mm.

Cheers
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello
          I think that stamp on ring has no one chance to be original unfortunately.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

do they add markings to period EKs? The world is bad

I can only tell, that I do not have the feeling it was added, but who knows.

In this case the EK experts should be able to figure out the real maker by the pics, please.

Comment

I am with Fabri - to me ek looks like one from Gablonz

Comment

Nice pictures MEHT :
                  Ben or Trevor should be able give a definite yes or no on this one .

Douglas

Comment

Adding ring marks ...... unfortunatly all the time ..... trying to increase value .

Douglas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X