No announcement yet.

Knights cross...real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly...Brett...reasonable assumption, but wrong. I have only been an avid (albiet modest) collector of Militaria since 4 years ago...and that was because living in ENGLAND I was exposed more to it than I would've been here. I only got back in March and I didn't know Rob till yesterday as it was my first Militaria Show in Australia.

Jeremy, not quite right, he told me he took a punt, thinking (because of a story) that the cross was real when he bought it for $1500, he still doesn't know whether it's real or not but seeing as no dealer bought it on dealer's day (Friday) and the fact that he wasn't willing to up the price to make a modest profit, this makes me feel that he wasn't too happy about it. perhaps he knew...which would have made it unethical, if he didn't then...woe the person who does get it.

I personally liked the guy...if I wasn't buying anything off him

Comment

Bratwurstdimsum,

Okay I see your point.
      But Bellars is unethical if he bought a KC thinking it was real then found out it wasn't and then tried to sell it for $1500 as "maybe real". The guy has dealt in militaria for more years that I've been collecting and knows it's a fake, and was playing you for a sucker. A KC is either real or it's not and will be priced accordingly. There is no middle category of "maybe real" with a price bracket for that category of "somewhere between the price of a fake and a real one".
      Sorry if I sound harsh but that guy has p***ed of a lot of people and treats everyone as a fool.
      I just don't like to see a fellow forum member treated like that.

Having said that, the gun show was one of the worst I've ever been to, apart from Gary MacDonald and I.S.Wrights (who's German militaria buyer, Ben, wasn't even there), there was nothing. I picked up a nice Purple Heart in its case and that was it.

Cheers,
      Brett

Comment

Brett, I agree...he gobbed off a lot and took the piss out of many people (including other dealers) while I was there, I guess its a good thing I didn't buy anything in the end.

I got a better experience it seems. I swapped a 1914 ek2 & a unmarked ek1 for a 26 marked 1939 at I.S. Wright and got a pleasant surprise when the 1939 was a double marked pin

Comment

It's a fake, but just for knew, this Bellars sell all his items with no return policy, or only that one?

Regards, Otto

Comment

Originally posted by Rendsburg
            It's a fake, but just for knew, this Bellars sell all his items with no return policy, or only that one?

Regards, Otto
            Just that one...and I quote "I would only do a return policy if I was charging $4000 for a real RK"

Comment

-

Save your money! Go for the most common/textbook ones; L/12, 65, Steinhauer&Lück.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X