Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post war RK- based on an original?

Hi Guys

Got this not too bad looking post war RK with some other medals and was wondering if the core design can be matched to any wartime one?

There has obviously been an issue with cutting out the frame on the obverse but overall quality is nice. It reminds me strongly of this cross that I posted a while back that sparked a bit of interest

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=rk+800

The one in this thread has a small 800 stamp. Could this be a 1960s/70s piece turned out by a wartime manufacturer?

Thanks in advance

Patrick
    Attached Files

//
    Attached Files

Comment

If the swastika are low its a typical RS copy from the 60s

Andy

Comment

Hi Andy, thanks- I have owned Souval crosses in the past in both versions and the dates do not match this cross. I am sure this is not a Souval product. The swaz is also not low.

Comment

Ok

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyC View Post
            If the swastika are low its a typical RS copy from the 60s

Andy
            I agree a post war Souval.This type of Souval was made in grade 2.Souval made three grades of medals and badges.The first type were marked later with the famous L/58 mark as well as the 800.The second one is the one you have that is made better and a little heaver than his first type.Then there is the third type that were made to decive, out of orig parts,these did not look like Souvals but the real thing.It was this type that are in collections today as orig. pieces even though they have been proven to be fakes.

Dennis J

Comment

This Kc bad copy, but not Souval typ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X