Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKiG pz cloth version w/ wounded badge

Hello all,

I would like to share some pictures of this nice DKiG in its panzer cloth version.

After futher inspection I realised the metal backing was in fact made with a wounded badge in black which is imo very interesting.
    Is this was people called "made in the front" DKiG ? Does anybody have ever seen this kind of modification before ?
    What do you think ? Is it possible to identify a maker in the cloth version of this cross ? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Very interesting. Never seen anything like that before. Thanks for showing.

Comment

That has to be a 1 and only,I wonder if Dietrich has seen one like it.
      Regards
      Michael

Comment

No, I have never seen somthing like that. The cross is absolutely genuine, no doubt about that. All in all a one of a kind "field made" cross.

Very nice and very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Dietrich
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

I love it!!

Thank you for showing it to us

Jay

Comment

Fantastic, that's what I love about this hobby, just when you thought you've seen it all.

Thanks for showing,
            Mike

Comment

Hey,
              very interesting.
              The revers is made ​​of a wounded badge.
              (Look is it a 20 Juli 1944)
              Beautiful.
              greeting
              Rolfi

Comment

I doubt that it would be a 20th of Juli WB.
                I would think that it was a 1st pattern WB imo.
                But I am really puzzel abuot the outline of the WB showing through all that filling inside the badge still. Why would you make sure that the "front" of the WB was still visible after you did fill up the badge?
                Interesting DKiG indeed, but I can't help wonder why it was made like that.

/Flemming

Comment

Flemming, I don't think the wound badge was filled with anything.
                  To me it looks like it was hammered flat.

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
                  I doubt that it would be a 20th of Juli WB.
                  I would think that it was a 1st pattern WB imo.
                  But I am really puzzel abuot the outline of the WB showing through all that filling inside the badge still. Why would you make sure that the "front" of the WB was still visible after you did fill up the badge?
                  Interesting DKiG indeed, but I can't help wonder why it was made like that.

/Flemming

Comment

have you got the story behind this cross?

Comment

IMO they DK & WB just got married very recently

Comment

I LOVE that!! very unique and also very believable. I agree that is a standard black wound badge that has been hammered flat. Looks old to me and that was probably the only thing to hand with a pin setup so the recipient used that to create his removeable dk. Super item!

Comment

I don't have any story to tell for this cross. I received it in a grouping with other nice items like the u-boat clasp in silver I posted in the KM section of the forum. I have no name or anything else.

When I first saw the cross, with the metal backing I was very surprised because it seemed unlogical for me, though I read of this possible modification in books. I had never seen any before. The recipient probably didn't get a metal DKiG and made a removable one with a cloth version and a WB badge.

I found the backing a bit crude and I tested it with a magnet, it was magnetic. Then while looking carefuly with my magnifying glass in the light I discovered the marks of the WB ! The badge was carefuly flattened and a starry metal place soldered to it. Everything looks very old and the glue used to stick the cloth to the metal too. As you can see the cloth is also sewn into the top and the bottom of the metal backing. Unfortunatly the bottom part is unstitched

For me there is no problem concerning its authenticity, I just wanted to share it here to see of people already encountered this kind of modification.
                          The complete lot was very cheap

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X