Complete grouping help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete grouping help needed

I have been offered a very complete grouping for an Eastern front feldwebel. It include the medals and the award citations for all the medals. Here is the catch, I need to determine a reasonable price to pursue this group. Also as a non medal and paperwork collector, I have no idea of the value for the various medals in the context of it being in a complete group. It consists of the following medals:
    DKiG (zimmerman)
    EK1
    EK2
    BWB
    CCCin bronze
    GAB
    Russian medal
    Westwall
    I would really appreciate if you guys can give an indications of the value of the individual medals. I am aware condition etc will influence price, but a rough estimate will suffice.I will do the same for the citations. Help would really be appreciated. Thanx Jacques. I should get pictures by tommorrow.

US $5000 +/-

Just my guess. Probably at the low end. But I may be close what with the economy in the dumps!

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
    I have been offered a very complete grouping for an Eastern front feldwebel. It include the medals and the award citations for all the medals. Here is the catch, I need to determine a reasonable price to pursue this group. Also as a non medal and paperwork collector, I have no idea of the value for the various medals in the context of it being in a complete group. It consists of the following medals:
    DKiG (zimmerman)
    EK1
    EK2
    BWB
    CCCin bronze
    GAB
    Russian medal
    Westwall
    I would really appreciate if you guys can give an indications of the value of the individual medals. I am aware condition etc will influence price, but a rough estimate will suffice.I will do the same for the citations. Help would really be appreciated. Thanx Jacques. I should get pictures by tommorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
      DKiG (zimmerman)
      EK1
      EK2
      BWB
      CCCin bronze
      GAB
      Russian medal
      Westwall
      Hi Jacques,

I am primarily a document collector, in particular I collect groups. I don't put any stock in medals that are part of the group - 99% of the time there is zero real provenance that the medals actually belonged to the soldier. As such, I value 'groups' as the sum of the value of the medals and documents.

If you strictly talking about award docs only, no Soldbuch/Wehrpaß, no photos, letters, etc. I would estimate the docs at approx. USD 2000-2500m, depending on condition, etc. The 'intangible' factor is the 'coolness' of the group. Does the soldier have an interesting story on how he got the DK - storming a bunker, etc? No details on the DK is boring. Does the guy have 'the look' in uniform? Some guys kind of looked dorky = boring. IMO, all things to consider as well.

Photos of the group always helps...Good Luck!
      John

Comment

Is the DK cased?
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Thanx so far guys , really helpful. There are some pics with the DKig in wear. At the moment it looks like a reasonable buy for me would be Medals $5000, Paperwork $2500, total group $7500? Or am I way off. Jacques Ps Gene . DKiG not cased.

Comment

If everything is in order, I would think $5k to $6k would be reasonable. -Ger

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X