Interesting Juncker crosses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Juncker crosses

Hey all. Over the past couple years I have been in possession of many Juncker crosses but as things are always changing somewhat in this hobby some of the things change with the items I (and hopefully some of you out there) have.

Without getting too much into the whole Juncker Wide Frame Schinkel stuff, the basis of these is that they are very early war crosses by Juncker, always with non mag cores. I have 2 Juncker crosses in my collection that had at one time been suspected as being JWFS. After some research though it seems that they are not. One of the reasons they had initially been suspected as such were because both of them had non magnetic cores.

Turns out however that both of mine are housed in the well known crunch bead frame by Juncker and not the very early frame that does not have the crunch bead flaw.

They are still wonderful looking Junckers, but as a member here mentioned through private e-mails, it makes for another different, interesting transitional phase of Juncker crosses. This small bar was the first of the 2 Junckers I have that initially were thought but then found out later are not JWFS.

The other I got was this one:

Originally described as a JWFS when I bought, only later to find out it is not. Again, both are Junckers, no question. Both are nice crosses, both are non magnetic and both are in the 3 flaw "crunch bead" frame.

So my question is if anyone else has some they can share. And if anyone has theories/opinions I would love to hear them. While Juncker is one of my main focuses, their timeline for me is a bit hazy...if we assume and accept the JWFS is Juncker's earliest cross for WWII, and (I believe) the crunch bead frame is generally regarded as mid war (and the most used of Juncker's frames) does that mean these I have posted are regarded as early/mid war transitional pieces (non mag cores left over but had already transitioned to the crunch bead frame)? Are they just mid war anomalies?

I'm also curious if anyone might have a Juncker EKI that fits this description as well (non mag core w/ crunch bead frame, instead of JWFS frame).

As mentioned, all pics, opinions/comments are welcome. I am just trying to get some info on these

Ryan

Hi Ryan :
    Juncker crosses are an exstensive subject . I have worked on these crosses for a wile now . Still working on a presentation that I can post .
    There have been different lines of thought - about what frame belonged to Juncker and or was the first first one etc ... !
    Here are some of the 3-flaw frame EK1s you asked for - still missing 2 cores probably the brass one and the common magnetic core . Zink core early EK1 I have not seen .

Douglas
    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X