Mint Cased Godet German Cross in Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mint Cased Godet German Cross in Gold

I see there is a mint cased Gold Godet German Cross in Craig Gottlieb's upcoming auction. I wonder what the market value is for this as I would not mind a perfect example, in my collection. I have not seen one, in this condition, for sale in many years.

Any ideas where is should be, value wise?

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

A literally stone-mint cased "21" marked DKiG sold a few months ago in Hermann Historica Auktion for €2600 + commission, so just under $5000. These are not inexpensive anymore.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by streptile; 03-23-2012, 12:28 PM.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

21 GKiG

Mine is mint sans case Bob and I turned down $5000 over two years ago from an advanced collector in Germany.
      Evidently next to impossible to find today, I think it may well exceed the reserve.
      And no to those wondering, the one in my personal collection is NOT forsale
      Ron
      Attached Files

Comment

I agree the piece, in auction, will probably bring a record price. well, I am certainly in the running and someone will have to bid hard to win it away from me.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Would it be possible to please share the final price it fetches at all?

If its too personal then no problem!

Cheers.

Jay

Comment

5000? OH, no, I guess it will end at 6.3-7.5k$!!! Pkease note not all the collectors are in WAF. the community is large......

Comment

I don't think Hermann's is stone mint. I only call mine choice, near mint, but Hermann's is only near mint in my mind. JMO. Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                I don't think Hermann's is stone mint. I only call mine choice, near mint, but Hermann's is only near mint in my mind. JMO. Ron
                Hi Ron,

Nice to see you posting in this thread.

I've seen the Hermann piece and I found it to be almost literally flawless. No toning, no age, no silver loss, no chips, nothing. Looks like it was made yesterday, to me. I think maybe the photo shows some reflections that seem to be chips? Not sure. In any case I think it qualifies as mint, and I am very, very picky about using the term.

Thanks for showing your lovely piece.
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                  Hi Ron,

Nice to see you posting in this thread.

I've seen the Hermann piece and I found it to be almost literally flawless. No toning, no age, no silver loss, no chips, nothing. Looks like it was made yesterday, to me. I think maybe the photo shows some reflections that seem to be chips? Not sure. In any case I think it qualifies as mint, and I am very, very picky about using the term.

Thanks for showing your lovely piece.
                  If your discription is true, why do I see paint wear on the left side of the cross on the tops of the rays or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                    If your discription is true, why do I see paint wear on the left side of the cross on the tops of the rays or am I missing something?
                    Hi Ron,

Yes, you're right -- my wires were crossed and I was thinking of another "21" DKiG that I held around the same time. I wrote in haste.

Best,
                    Trevor
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Comment

Here's mine (Case not shown)
                      Attached Files
                      Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                      Decorations of Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Gordon View Post
                        Here's mine (Case not shown)
                        Nice setup Richard

/Flemming

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X