No announcement yet.

untypical EKII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting. I also thought it looked as though someone had painted the whole thing black at some point. Hopefully someone might be able to identify the maker of the frame, or at least get close. As a newbee to this I had no idea that there were so many variations in these crosses. They all looked the same in the photos, but they are clearly not so at all.

Comment

Quickly to show one picture of some that I have found over the years and the 'Variations' that go with it .
      They both have the same core .: 'sliteye' 9s which to me indicates a S&L core . The left frame is a S&L and the right one a Zimmermann .
      The left one has a small/closer beading which results in a much wider frame flange ... like a 24 ?!? Very heavy filing on the left one . As the right one has a quit noticeable narrow frame flange .
      Note the interesting thing about the core : the Swastika is the same size as used in any Ubergrosse EK2 . An these both the Swastika sits very tight into the points , as yours has space being a regular core .
      Now this is a treat .

Douglas
      Attached Files

Comment

Center closeup . A snug fit .... not realy enough filed away .

Douglas
        Attached Files

Comment

very nice clear pic, it shows that this frame can not contain this swaz.
          who assemblied the cross with own parts and supplied or all supplied..

Tomorrow dimension of my one

Comment

dimensions of my one: about 44,10 x 44,15 mm

Comment

I do not have the crosses from post 17 at hand , ... have to dig them out again . To scale in the same picture - post 17 - one can easily measure on any screen as the ratio-scale stays the same .

Both crosses have approx the same outside measurments !

Visualy one can see something very interesting :
              Note the left cross has a much tighter beading that produces much wider frame edges .
              Measured on my screen : 12.1 cm and the right one 12.5 cm .
              Also the left cross has much heavier/deeper corner filing than the right one to alow the Swas to fit !!!
              The Swastika is the same size on both ! ..and different dates exist which indicates different dies and more than one maker .
              Note the different materials these 2 are made from . The frosting on the beading is quit different do to being struck on different base metals !

Douglas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X