AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden RK of the KVK - any chance this is real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden RK of the KVK - any chance this is real?

I have been offered this cross for sale. It appears to be a Knight's Cross of the War merit Cross in gold w/o swords. I know these are very rare so of course I am skeptical. It doesn't look like an obvious fake to me so I thought I'd post it here for evaluation. Granted, I do not have extensive knowledge of the die characteristics of these so I may be missing something obvious. I do not know if it has any proof marks or maker marks on the edge of the cross. I may be able to find that out in the next few days. All I have are these pics and I know they aren't the best but I'd like your input please.

When i did some research via past forum postings for this award, it seems that nearly all of those posts showed "smooth" arms that connect the cross to the suspension ring on the RK of the KVK w/o swords. However, when I look on pg 47 of Forman's 2nd edition, the cross there has the "ribbed" arms like this example. What's the difference? Any insights/evaluation would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    BrianH
    Attached Files

A few close-ups
    Attached Files

Comment

one last close-up
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry. Not even close.

Comment

Are these the seller's photos? Just the title of the thread makes me think "no way".

Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hello there,

This is not an authentic one.

William Kramer
            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Comment

Well, it sounds like we have concensus that this cross is no good. Yes, these are the seller's photos. Thanks for weighing in and making sure I didn't waste my money. Any chance one of you guys could PM me to point out the flaws with this cross? I'd like to learn how to tell the good from the bad and I have little to no experience with the RK of the KVK (obviously).

Thanks,
                Brian

Comment

Private seller or a dealer?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X