X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Fake or Real?

Hi all, Is this one any good. ? Mick
    Attached Files

It looks bad to me but a better pic wouldn't hurt.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by iron_cross67 View Post
      Hi all, Is this one any good. ? Mick
      Fake

Comment

Thanks 5tefan, I say fake also. This one is not mine and i don't have a photo of the reverse sorry. Mick

Comment

Is the fast pronoucement that it is fake based on the small size of the swastika ?

Thanks
          Pat

Comment

Pat 1911:

No! Swastika is okay & isn't the 'giveaway' for me. Any loose core can shift either way & throw-off the 'centering' of the core & appearance of the swastika. It would be "tight" at one inside edge of silver border & "pushed away" from the other.

Look at the 'cutout' areas themselves....See how sloppy the cutting is, especially at the bottom-right view of the cross in the photo. Definitely 'permanent holidays' for the guy who cut the metal on this cross!

Ron

Comment

That's why I joined this forum, I can see how bad that cutting is, an also the cutting out of the inner corners where the arms of the cross meet each other. The bottom right one (as we look at the photo) looks like it was done by a preschooler. What is alarming, and no doubt part of the learning process is that I was so busy looking at the swastika and numbers and the inner edge of the beading that I didn't even think to look along the outer edges.

Comment

Hi all, This one is up for £180.00 at http://ww2medalsbadgesandinsignia.co...-German-Medals Half way down the page just waiting for some EK1 collector to buy? All i see are fakes these days and our money is harder to get now as there is less of it around! Mick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X