Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII For Identification Please

Hi Guys

This EKII came with the same group as the EKI I posted in the forum today. If it is original to the group it was awarded 27th May 1940. Would this fit? Do you know the maker?

Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files

Detail of the swastika and frame....
    Attached Files

Comment

Any thoughts on this one?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Tough one Tim.

Not much very distinctive about this type, so we call it the "standard type." It uses components thought to have been sourced or manufactured by Steinhauer u. Lück.

While it may be possible to put a maker to this cross, it would require a large database of images and a lot of dedication.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thanks for the help. That is good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim O. View Post
              Hi Guys

If it is original to the group it was awarded 27th May 1940. Would this fit?

Thanks for the help.

I believe most of the awarded pieces were unmarked or unmarked with/without a manufacturers logo on the award envelope, although I'm not 100% certain about that

Chris

Comment

Interesting thought -- I agree that all awarded pieces from the early years were unmarked. Unlike with 1914 EKs, we don't see makers' initials (Fr., WS, S-W, G, etc) or logos (Meybauer, AWS) on awarded 1939 EKs. So there must have been some directive to leave the crosses unmarked in the beginning. But certainly after the institution of the PKZ, all awarded pieces were supposed to be marked with a maker's number, and I do believe that most were marked.
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I primarily collect documents and sometimes the awards come too but most often they do not. I buy in the awards for display purposes and try to match the award periods and photographic evidence as closely as I can. From the research I have done my understanding is that any awarded EKI or EKII from 1941 or earlier will not be marked. As it happens none of the examples in my collection are therefore marked, which makes establishing the makers a bit more of a challenge!

Your expertise is much appreciated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X