Which Knights Cross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Knights Cross?

Which Knights Cross is the most common faked on today's market?

Which Knights Cross is the least common faked?

At one time the K & Q was not faked and the Juncker's from the damaged die were considered original beyond question.

That is a question which can't be really answered straight forward. However, I would think that Juncker (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=575628) mis the one. There is also the so-called "New Rounder" (not the original one which was different) with several false Juncker markings.

The next one in my opinion is the Zimmermann (but only the 20 marked not the extremely rare and unobtainable L/52 marked).

There are no really good fakes which are modeled after one specific maker. As long as some people think that a three-piece construction, good quality and a "high" swastika are the signs of a genuine Knights Cross, there is no need to fake a specific maker. Those fall all under the category "generic fakes" which are closest to the S&L cross (which is the one less distinctive) and are around in abundance.

No one has so far made a fake mimicking Schickle or the 3/4 ring.

The advise is this: learn the fingerprints of the seven genuine makers and you will not buy a fake. It is really that easy. Don't study fakes, it is useless.

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Thank you for a great answer! I am glad that I came here to ask.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X