EK 2 With unusual case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 2 With unusual case

Hello everyone, i recently bought this EK 2 with the case but i have never seen a case like this before.

What´s your opinion about both the case and the cross? The EK seems to have a lazy 2 very close to the ring but i´m not really sure..hard to see.

Sorry about some of the pictures being a bit blue and blurry..the flash..

More pictures on the way

Greatful for all answers.

/Andreas
    Attached Files

EK 2 With unusual case

Here are some more pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

EK 2 With unusual case

And some more
      Attached Files

Comment

EK 2 With unusual case

More pictures
        Attached Files

Comment

I've never seen a case like this before for a TR 2nd class. Looks like someone stuck a cap eagle on the lid for effect, when is another question but it's not an official container.

Chris

Comment

EK 2 With unusual case

Last picture
            Attached Files

Comment

EK 2 With unusual case

Thanks for your answer Chris,

The strange thing is that it actually looks like its made for a Iron Cross with perfect fit both for the cross and the ribbon.

Maybe the box was made for a similar looking medal from another country?
              Attached Files

Comment

EK 2 With unusual case

Any ideas anyone about the EK itself? Maker?

Comment

Hm never seen a box like this before

Andy

Comment

That might be a private purchased or custom made case. It looks cool and nice !

Comment

The case is a new one for me too.

Not official I would say.

Allan
                      Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
                      Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Very cool box, all EKII:s should have come in one I say

The cross looks good too. I notice that the suspension ring is
                        off center for some reason. Maybe it came off and have been resoldered?

//Thomas

Comment

You have three options here. The box was made later on to increase the price of the medal, the box belonged to another medal and someone placed the eagle on or the medal was owned by a important person and they bought the box (or gifted the box) specially for that EK2. I would like to think it was owned by someone important (even if it isnt) just to give a story to it!

Comment

EK 2 With unusual case

Thanks everyone for your help and opinions

As a reply to the last answer i can tell you that i bought this EK2 with the case, some letters, a Winterschlacht medal and also a SS souvenir ring.

The letters are addressed to SS Obersturmbannfuhrer Karl Burkhard SS - Inf. Btl. "Ost" Breslau

One of the letters are congratulations to him from another SS Officer and is regarding Karls promotion to Obersturmbannfuhrer. The date on the letter is 26-4-1942

Another letter from another SS officer is about Karl staying in hospital for being wounded.

Maybe he wanted a custom made box for his EK2..I guess we will never know.

Andreas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X