How to tell if an EK2 is a fake??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to tell if an EK2 is a fake??

Im looking for new iron crosses EK2's but i am wondering what are key things to look for in a fake? measurements, colors, weights? ive heard them all but i just dont know who you tell, i am very confused can anyone help make things a bite easier??

Hi Evan

Just keep doing what you are doing. If possible before you buy take some photo's with close ups and post them here. If you are buying from a dealer on line save their photo's and post them. Thats what I do (dont know if thats a good thing, but when it's my money that's involved, I want to make sure), Go back to old threads on whatever medals you are looking to buy, and read the posts. After a while you will notice Names of people who are the major experts and come to trust their word. Now having said that , the other members would not intentionally lead you astray either. Hope this helps

Comment

I do what Laurence said here. I am not so good in detecting the fakes, so ask here with some good photos.

And may I recommend the book "The Iron Cross of 1939" by Gordon Williamson.

Best regards
      Flemming

Comment

Hi.
        Agree with the other members.
        In my opinion you are pretty safe on the class 2 crosses as there are only a few fakes made on it. Its different with the class 1 cross as we drown in fakes made on that award.

Do a search on Floch. He is known to produse and/or distribute fakes that have fooled many collectors.

Do a search on Latvia. They are known to produse fakes on the German cross in gold, Iron Cross and Knight Cross.

Cheers.
        Peter Wiking
        Last edited by Peter Wiking; 07-06-2004, 06:11 AM.

Comment

thanks alot peter

Evan

Comment

I agree

ask us all first , can't go wrong with this site mate there are a good bunch of heads in hear , and you will save yourself a lot of money by spending a little time hear every day

nice talking to you

Jack

Comment

For Christ's sake Jack! The Queen's english....if you please. I'm from Yorkshire so I HERE what you're saying!!!!

Dave
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

Now I get it! That's why this didn't make any sense ......

Dietrich
                B&D PUBLISHING
                Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Jeez, now the Germans!!!

Dietrich....Don't you mean "That's why this don't make no sense...."

Dave
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

No Dave, it didn't! Now it does!

But surely I don't know (neither didn't I) know the difference between "any" or "no" sense. Just makes no sense to me, anyhow!

Dietrich
                    B&D PUBLISHING
                    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Gawd!!!! English teachers

Comment

Gawd Mate, stone the flamin' crows! I'm flat out like a bloody lizard drinkin' tryin' ta keep up with this here overseas lingo. I think I got ya now though cobber.

I think my "learn how to speak like an Ocker in 3 days" course is finally paying off!
                        Next course, "learn how to speak redneck in 2 days".

Evan, be carefull of everything and look at advanced collections if you can. They are faking EK2's and everthing else for that matter. Read the forums daily to keep up with the latest fakes and buy from people who have a return policy on their items. That way if you do get "burned", you can at least get your money back and it has been a cheap lesson. Good luck!

Cheers,
                        Brett
                        Last edited by Sonderkommando; 07-06-2004, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X