Clear All

EK2 MFH opinions please

Opinions please on the EK2 marked MFH
    Attached Files

Close up of the marking. Sorry not a great camera
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello
      cross is original by Klein & Quenzer but ring comes from another cross, maybe of the imperial era.

Comment

Thanks fabri-online!

Comment

Hi Paul

I agree with Fabri. Cross is a nice K&Q but the ring is almost certainly an imperial EKII ring (or at least a stamp made to look like an MFH imperial stamp).

This is one of the more unusual things I've seen. Why someone would do this is beyond me... but I'm sure they had a good reason

Matt

Comment

Hi Matt, I had received this iron cross from my old neighbor years ago. He had this iron cross, an eastern front, and a west wall medal. I cannot tell for sure, but I see not evidence of someone bending the ring open. Then attaching it to the iron cross, and bending it back. I do see the gap though. The two ends line up almost exact. confusing?

Comment

I can understand your doubts but the replaced ring is a certain fact.

Comment

MFH is a known maker of 1914 EK2s. 1939 crosses are marked with a numerical system, so this is strange. Maybe a period replacement.

Comment

Is it a possibility a peroid replacement ring? After looking the the cross in hand again. I don't see a forced opening of the ring. It actually a perfect circle.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X