• Show
Clear All

Fake RK?

Hi,
    It looks like the dies of the " New Rounder" have been re-worked,improved,
    upgraded,whatever you want to call it.
    Cheers

Comment

Looks like a hybrid between the Zimmermann (because of the "tight" beading at the corners) and the Juncker (because of the "cross-hatching" on the interior corners next to the swastika). I honestly can't tell from these photos if it is a fake or not. Certainly different. I suppose someone here will know for sure.

Comment

It's not a Zimmermann, so it's a fake.

Comment

It is not a Juncker, so it is a fake!
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

It is the previously unknown "Zimmermann/Juncker", so it may be a rare variant.

Comment

Here is another 'troubling Knight's Cross'.

Bob Hritz
              Attached Files
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Details
                Attached Files

Comment

What are we looking at here? Do we really know as much as we think we do?

I think we don't............

Sometimes, the more you know, the more you realize how little you know.

Comment

Bob how long ago did you come across that one? I saw a very similar one about 10 years ago at a show and was puzzled by it. The story was it "walked in" and a dealer bought it. I sent pictures of it to forum members Dave Kane and PK at the time who told me it was fake...but after the dealer posted it on his site it sold quickly. I was able to examine it overnight before he sold it and the work was excellent and was in no way newly made..but could have been made in the 50s,60s or 70s.

Comment

John,

Not too long ago, a friend showed me the cross and I took a quick look and told him it was OK.
                      I send a photo to Dietrich, which provided doubt, on his part. I then offered to pay my friend for the cross as he bought it on my opinion.

I have only seen a photo of one other, but it is not one of the accepted originals. I could not allow my friend to lose his money based on my opinion.

No story, he bought it from another collector.

For further information, the weights: With Loop 31.56 grams, without loop 29.94 grams.

Bob Hritz
                      Last edited by Bob Hritz; 02-04-2012, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys, what is a reasonable price for this "Zimmermann/Juncker" troubling RK? waiting for your opinions (Troubling RK should be much cheaper than clear RKs) However, how to prove it is made post war or before 1945?

Comment

How about the ribbon?

Comment

Originally posted by mayhem_z View Post
                            How about the ribbon?
                            little chance

Comment

Originally posted by mayhem_z View Post
                              Thanks guys, what is a reasonable price for this "Zimmermann/Juncker" troubling RK? waiting for your opinions (Troubling RK should be much cheaper than clear RKs) However, how to prove it is made post war or before 1945?
                              The start price is 500$.

http://www.cwocauctions.com/index.ph...per&Itemid=216

They got another KC up for auction, without any pics, with a starting price of 150$ and with a estimated value of 2,000.00 - 3,000.00 USD.

I would not be surprise if that KC is one of the "nice" Juncker fakes and the source for both KCs are the same!

/ Daniel
                              Last edited by jul208; 02-05-2012, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X