Walter & Henlein EKs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only my brainstorm to this item!

I did see some more thread from pavels 2005 according the production location Gablonz (CZ)!

Pavel and Dale,

There are some very good convincing arguments from your side.

Maybe I'm wrong and it is not not so easy to admit! Would be good that someone could confirm, that the EK1 from W&H (109) was official awarded,
    due to there must be some records of a PK (Präsidialkanzlei) orders, like I have seen for other official EK1 makers!

Maybe W&H made some EK1, but doesn't get any official order or the licence to produce EK1 for the PK!

I'm not an EK2 Expert, but another theory could be, that W&H had only the licence to produce EK2 and made some EK1 samples or postwar EK1 with the EK2 core and frame tools.
    Souval also produce postwar EK1, due to it was legal to continue the 1939 EK1 production only outside Germany?!

Additional would be interesting to know the reason for the second hole, if it is not the postition of the anti rotation pin?! And why does the hinge variant remind more on 1957e EK1?
    Last edited by 5tefan; 04-26-2012, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Another doubt that W&H was an official EK1 maker!

Another doubt that W&H was an official EK1 maker!
      Screwback-Variant were produced only by maker who had LDO code even if the EK's wasn't marked like Wiedmann!

L/51 E. Ferdinand Wiedmann Frankfurt am Main

Walter & Henlein was only listed with the PK (Präsidialkanzle) code!
      W&H was not listed with a LDO code! Like Carl Wild (107) and K&Q (65)!

109 Walter & Henlein Gablonz

So why can we find a Screwback-Variant of this maker??? And this does not looks like an early screw disc type!
      What is the second hole for and why the hinge remind me on 1957s type???

War time EK2 OK, but EK1???
      Last edited by 5tefan; 04-27-2012, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Hí Stepdale
        here is a former topic this the type about cross

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...46962#poststop

Comment

I've found this EK1 at the militaria fair in Bologna (Italy) this Saturday.
          The seller was a polish guy who had many (possibly 30 or 40), both pin and screwback, but I can't tell if were all from the same maker. Unfortunately I bought only this one. I will post other pictures after cleaning
          Attached Files

Comment

The same cross after cleaning. I am not an EK expert, but have some knowledge about ground dug items. In my opinion the oxhidation was genuine, not artificially made. The cross layed in the ground for decades to get this look.

As said the dealer had a big number (maybe 30 or 40) of EK1s for sale, either with pin or screwback, and asked €20 each. I can't say if these were all from the same maker or not, sorry.
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X