Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

übergrosse 'little brother' on estand.

Hello All...

Regarding my 'little brother' übergrosse on the estand...
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=572200
    I received this PM from member Kecon:

"Sir

the cross your trying to sell is not in any way an ubergrosse. I hope no one falls for this sham. You should be ashamed. It is no more then an ordinary EK2.

Kecon"

I have no doubt whatsoever about this cross, but can I please have some of your opinions here to resolve any doubts anyone may have.

Regards - Danny

Here's a thread that I started when I first purchased it:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=473493
    Last edited by Danny70; 02-03-2012, 02:32 PM.

Rkii

I compared your cross to mine and it has the same flaws on the backside as mine. Jim
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
      I compared your cross to mine and it has the same flaws on the backside as mine. Jim
      Thank you Jim.

Comment

Ekii

Originally posted by Danny70 View Post
        Thank you Jim.
        You are welcome Danny. I think the problem is he doesn't know what constitutes the smaller one. If you look it has the same frame but a smaller flange. Here is the back of one of my Obergrosse and you can see the same flaw developing. Jim
        Attached Files

Comment

Member Kecon is wrong. Your cross is a textbook Ubergroße Little Brother.

I think a little more respect is in order with his language, too. How about writing this instead?

Originally posted by Kecon
          Dear sir,
          I don't know what an Ubergroße Little Brother is. Could you please explain the variant to me? I am eager to learn from those who know more than I do.
          Sincerely,
          (real name)
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Call it what you will. A hard sell in my opinion. For what is just another EK2. Very much over valued I say. Try explaining this cross to anyone other then a small group on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny70 View Post
              Hello All...

"Sir

the cross your trying to sell is not in any way an ubergrosse. I hope no one falls for this sham. You should be ashamed. It is no more then an ordinary EK2.

Kecon"

Fine looking cross, and as everyone has already said it is textbook perfect (unlike the spelling and grammar in Kecon's message which makes me think he is not the shiniest EK in the collection himself...)

Comment

Originally posted by Kecon View Post
                Call it what you will. A hard sell in my opinion. For what is just another EK2. Very much over valued I say. Try explaining this cross to anyone other then a small group on this forum.
                1. It is an identifiable variant.

2. Over-valued? Well, that is your opinion. Another collector may disagree and think it is a bargain.
                Last edited by Exile; 02-03-2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

This is a very very nice example of the "Littlebrother" and to a very fair price.

Anyone who says differently don't know his Ek2's...

Pm me if you don't sell. There are always room for another example in the collection.

Comment

Very much over valued I say. .

I don't agree..
                    These are sold for 450-500€ all the time...
                    So there is a bargain here IMO..
                    Last edited by Snni; 02-03-2012, 05:04 PM. Reason: !

Comment

Try explaining this cross to anyone other then a small group on this forum.
                      Try explaining any of this entire hobby to anyone other than a small group on this forum
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Ek

I belong to several forums and there are quite a few collectors of this cross. So we all must be wrong in what we are buying. Jim

Comment

Many thanks to everyone for all of your confirming comments.

Kecon,

I posted this thread because you (rather rudely) informed me that it "is not in any way an ubergrosse" and my sale was a "sham" and I should be "ashamed".

I knew exactly what this cross was and I am very much aware of it's value. You now have numerous replies from very knowledgable EK collectors - all of whom have confirmed what I had stated.

Whether you think it is "just another EK2" or "over valued" is irrelevant. The cross is exactly what I stated it to be. (and at a very fair price!).

Regards - Danny

Comment

A desirable cross indeed Danny

Nick
                            Last edited by Stickgrenade; 02-03-2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Kecon,
                              You should really hit that search button and know a little about what you're saying prior to hitting the keyboard.
                              This is a very good chance to own one of the rarer variations of EK2 at a very good price and from a respected EK collector.
                              It is not 'just another EK2'.
                              Try a bit of research and then maybe offer an apology to Danny.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X