Fake RK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on! L/R twist??

Again, respectfully ofcourse, but that is just a bunch of nonsense! The orientation of the wire was up to the technician and was hand done. It sure didn't have anything to do with the stages of the war!

Originals ( no matter what ) don't have to be sold nor explained..
    John
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

G'day,

Tony, enjoyed your assessment of the KC, certainly leaves room for some more investigation.

I also concur with your quote:
      I learned a long time ago in collecting. It concerns the words "always" and "never". These two words should be used sparingly and with care by collectors as they can be detrimental to the pursuit of knowledge.
      Nothing in life, and for that matter collecting is Black And White

Could you please have the enhanced scans posted in this thread.

Bill

Comment

Hello John J,
        The "nonsense " I put forth as an observation is something that became apparent to me in my studies of KC winners.I didn't specifically go looking for that revelation. It's there for those to see if they take the time to look and analyze what they're looking at. As I stated before it is not absolute but the occurance is much more than coincidental. I'm sorry that you take a myopic view to ideas that don't fit your preconcieved notions of what you believe to be true. With all due respect of course.
        Anyway the ribbon rings were formed around a mandrel to make the end product uniform in consistancy and shape. A similar process was the basis of the Gablonzer system for speeding up the manufacture of EK1 and EK2 frames during the later part of the war. In this system German Silver(or nickle silver) wire was extruded and wrapped around a mandrel before being put in the frame die for striking. this reduced the wastage of material and unnecessary hand work in trimming the excess off the frames.
        Anyway as before, with diligent research and open eyes and minds the true will become apparent at some point. After all that's the real beauty of collecting.
        Best regards and good hunting to all!
        Tony
        An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

G'day Bill,
          I will try to get the scans to Gordon as soon as my schedual allows. In the next day or two for sure.
          Best regards,
          Tony

Comment

Hello John J.,
            After rereading your post I realized that I missed something very important in what you meant when you said;
            "Originals ( no matter what) don't have to be sold or explained.."
            I didn't realize sooner that you knew my birthday is a week from Thursday and that you're not selling me your KCs but are giving them to me as a present! (no matter what)! Thanks alot man, I knew we would reach common ground on this.
            Best regards and good hunting to all!
            Tony

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAD!!!

Have a GREAT day! I'll not give you a Knight's Cross but I'll be happy to send you a pic of a couple of (original) beuties
              John (show me) J.
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

Lad!!!???
                Jeez John, you must really be an old fart to call me lad. Anyway, thanks a lot for the B-Day beauties, cuties, or how ever you're getting those KCs to me. By the way you can have the day off to help me celebrate, it's the 4th. Best regards.
                Tony

Comment

ask Manion???

I did!!! And it's not the same cross..who'se FRAUD is it...the seller or the company's. Either way it';s just plain BS and shamefull that a guy with allegedly great knoledge would offer this thing
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

$6k and it's not the same!!

Some poor bast#$ is about to pay six thousand 'big ones' for a paper certificate that doesn't even match the cross that goes with it! Go Manion's..I hope no one on this forum is part of the 16 bids on this bunch of crap! Sad, sad, sad moremad moremad moremad
                    John
                    Regards,
                    Dave

Comment

Hello John

Don't tell me you actually pay to view thier junk?

Regards

Dez

Comment

wise a** !! I just get pissed when I see big money like this and the BS description sugesting 'get it now' from a supposed expert causes a poor fellow to part with that much $ just to be disappointed the first time he shows his 'treasure'!!
                        And as far as the $ for the subscription....in a wierd kind of way it is 'paid' entertainment!!
                        John...
                        Regards,
                        Dave

Comment

Rounded corners on KC

Gentlemen,
                          I have read with much interest the debate on whether or not the KC with rounded inner corners may be period pieces or not. I would refer one to what I understand is a period photo of the various iron cross awards ca. 1941. This photo is very common and appears in many books. One reference is page 150 of "Nazi Regalia" by E.W.W. Fowler. There one finds the awards spread out on a yellow background. If one looks closely the inner corners on the KC with and without oakleaves are rounded unlike the sharp corners seen on the Grand Cross above and the EK1 and EK2 below.
                          I don't have a dog in this fight since I can't afford the cost of a pointed or round cornered KC. It is just an unbiased observation that I would hope helps the discussion.
                          Mike C.

Comment

The picture in Fowler is the same one provided by FrankS in the "Geissler/Round Corner RK" thread, below. It is originally from an issue of Signal magazine. FrankS does not know the exact date of the issue, but because the picture includes the Oakleaves but not the Swords and Oakleaves, he concluded that it must have been published after the institution of the former but before the institution of the latter (i.e. between June 1940 and June 1941).

George
                            George

Comment

pleasssseeee HELP

hello I'm first time caller myself me beeing from Lithuania and I'm big fan of Third reich collectables. but now for a couple years I'm facing a terrible problem, - I can't identify my finding... well I bought a cross that is even for my eye not a fake but I can't identify. Have no picture attached because it was impossible for time beeing to scan it, so I'll just have to describe it to you and if you can, please help me and write a message to my email.

so... it looks as follows... it is somewhat similar to EKI but in the middle it has a german eagle with Hakenkreuz and swords, and instead of black colour on the cross it has red,... light red... and the most important part on the back it has a marking... not by a maker I supose cos it reads: Wolffschanze....???????!!!!!!!!
                              so if you have seen any of this or heard please I beg you .... email me
                              Giurza
                              kd525vaishnora@hotmail.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X