Round 3 Ek2 Collectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round 3 Ek2 Collectors

hi guys , i have little knowledge about these crosses and the makers , am i right in thinking that most of them were made by Junker , can anybody give me the makers?
    some pics would be nice to compare them from each other , some help on these would be great

Jack

Why do you think they were made by Juncker? As far as I know, nobody knows who made them.
    George

Comment

hi george

I was told a long time ago that the round three type cross EK1 EK2 and so on had nothing to do with rank , special order , flaw , or prototype what so ever , and the firm CE JUNKER of berlin had the original die for the core to produce these , and like we know firms bought in frames rings and boxes , the three was actualy sold on to manifacturers early war ..............

Could this be true , i own some Junker crosses and non of them look like the round 3 , the frames are different for a start , the center finnish (Paint) is different , not to mention the swaz sticker is set low in most 3's , and high on the ek1 ,produced by him , mmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhh ,im stuck?

personally i think the 3 , is a bit of a mystery , i guess it was one of the first cores produced but by which firm i am yet to find out for definate , for some reason the round 3 was changed , the only thing i can think looking at the 3's posted and having a bit of knoledge in engineering is that the die for the 3 started to turn out 3's that looked like 8's , often happens with antique punches after a bit of wear , a straight head 3 always seemed to be more defined when hitting a stamp or pressing a tag ,

but this is just my theory , not a definate , and the above is just a storie that could be fiction , but nice talking to you anyway

Jack

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X