RK flaws!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave-

Pieter had contended exactly the opposite when I had asked him about the tips of the loop. Perhaps he will weigh in as well. Where did you get your information on that, Dave?

Comment

Tom, I think this angle of cut and finish is contemporaneous to the rounder finished tips!

I'm suggesting that the crude 45 degree cut off is the later finish for the Juncker loops.

Have a look at the very fine finish of the loop from Pieter's (early) cross and then look at (my) Lazy 2.

Dave
      Last edited by Dave Kane; 12-17-2006, 01:55 PM.
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

Yes, I see what you mean. The finely finished angled cut is earlier and the crude cut is later, as would be expected on a lazy 2. Among the L/12s, I think Pieter had stated that the angled, finished cut was earlier than the rounded cut ends on the loop. This is in distinction to the less finished angled cut you have posted. Is that correct?

Comment

To my experience:

-The early Juncker crosses have a nicely finished long angle loop( on side of the wire)
          -The 800 L/12 ones have nicey finished one side angled loops but not so long as the nikkel framed ones.
          -The L/12 800 (which are of later production to me) looks like the loop wire is simply cut and rounded a litle. Sometimes better finished sometimes not.
          Same for the 2 800, whiche can be very crude finished.

Pieter.
          SUUM CUIQUE ...
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the information, Pieter!

I have a 800 L/12 which has rounded tips on the loop

I have a L/12 800 which has angled cuts at the tips which have been somewhat rounded
            Last edited by tom hansen; 07-03-2004, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X