Zimmerman DKiG - light vs heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zimmerman DKiG - light vs heavy

I have agreed to buy a heavy zimmerman DKiG, partly because they never seem to appear for sale. Does anyone have any idea of the relative number of heavy vs light zimmerman DKiGs?

It seems to be at least a 10:1 ratio of light vs heavy. The light, which is later war, are quite common. What factors do you suppose contributed to the larger relianace upon zimmerman later in the war relative to other manufacturers? Any thoughts?
    Last edited by tom hansen; 06-27-2004, 04:54 PM.

45 gr to 65 gr

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich
      45 gr to 65 gr

Dietrich
      I am sorry, I did not mean the relative weights of each type, but rather the relative numbers of heavy vs light zimmermans.

Comment

I know, Tom, but I just couldn't resist ...

Dietrich
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by tom hansen
          I have agreed to buy a heavy zimmerman DKiG, partly because they never seem to appear for sale. Does anyone have any idea of the relative number of heavy vs light zimmerman DKiGs?

It seems to be at least a 10:1 ratio of light vs heavy. The light, which is later war, are quite common. What factors do you suppose contributed to the larger relianace upon zimmerman later in the war relative to other manufacturers? Any thoughts?
          I have a DK in Gold which is identical to the Deschler heavy construction but is marked with the Zimmermann code. I've never seen another. It was previously discussed on the forum a couple of months back.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
            I have a DK in Gold which is identical to the Deschler heavy construction but is marked with the Zimmermann code. I've never seen another. It was previously discussed on the forum a couple of months back.
            What was the consensus concerning the origin of the zimmerman stamp?

Comment

What was the consensus concerning the origin of the zimmerman stamp?
              I don't think anyone else had seen one. Consensus was Zimmermann buying Deschler stock and marking it as their own. I'm not convinced though. I think this is simply a Zimmermann-made heavy DK. Here's the front.
              Attached Files

Comment

And the back.
                Attached Files

Comment

And the mark.
                  Attached Files

Comment

And the mark.
                    Interesting cross in nice condition as well. I guess if there were contracts that a maker was unable to fill, buying stock from another manufacturer would be perfectly reasonable. Looks like a good cross. Any thoughts on the "conventional" light vs heavy zimmerman relative numbers?

Comment

I don't think anyone else had seen one. Consensus was Zimmermann buying Deschler stock and marking it as their own. I'm not convinced though. I think this is simply a Zimmermann-made heavy DK. Here's the front.
                      Hi Robin,

I have seen the thread you mean.
                      Zimmermann has done its own heavy type, in design and metod identical, but with heavy material.
                      Sure your piece looks original, without doubts, but I believe me too Deschler has sold few pieces for a little time to Zimmermann firm.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

........ Any thoughts on the "conventional" light vs heavy zimmerman relative numbers?
                        I don't know but I think more then 1 vs 10 , much more.........

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Ivan

More lights, or more heavies?
                          George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
                            More lights, or more heavies?
                            .... heavy are more rare

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Okay, thanks.
                              George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X