UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collecting marked EKIIs - where to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collecting marked EKIIs - where to start?

I want to aggressively pick up my collecting of marked EKIIs. Up till now most of the ones I have are not marked. I do have a 100 Wachtler & Lange marked, which is one of my favorites, as well as a 4 markerd S&L cross. My question is, are some marked crosses more desirable then other, and if so, why?

Thanks in advance.

David

Some are more desirable (like "65s", for example) because people just like them. But they're still fairly common. Others (like "1", or "L/12") are desirable because they are hard to find.
    George

Comment

Thank for the reply George. Are mm "1" and "L/12" the rarest? What should I expect to pay if I can find them? What are some of the other rarer marker marked.

D.

Comment

Ek2

Originally posted by herrgeezer
        Thank for the reply George. Are mm "1" and "L/12" the rarest? What should I expect to pay if I can find them? What are some of the other rarer marker marked.

D.
        Prices will vary from one source to another and also depending on condition. USD80 or 90 should get you something decent. Obviously a round 3 or a Schinkel will be much higher.

Comment

Originally posted by herrgeezer
          My question is, are some marked crosses more desirable then other, and if so, why?

Thanks in advance.

David
          Hello David,

I consider crosses that were manufactured by the firms that also made DKs and RKs to be more desirable. Just my opinion.

Calvin
          -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

my input

For me, the best thing is when you can put a face or person to the cross. It's easy to pick up any number of marked crosses from oodles of websites. I've got about 1/2 dozen EK 2's right now, and I know for certainty who 2 of them belonged to - and they're both unmarked! They'd be the last 2 I'd sell, if push came to shove. THAT makes them the most desirable for me, instead of just buying them from some website.

Good luck though, however you choose to hunt your crosses!!!

Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

David,

For variations, I'm partial to the "wide-frame" versions marked 24 for the Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Hanauer Plakettenhersteller, and 25 for the Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Graveur-Gold-und Silberschemiede in Innungen. I like these partly because they're variations, and partly because I lived in Hanau!

Regards,
              Greg
              sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
              www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X