EK 1 Spange L 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 1 Spange L 21

Hello Guys , If anybody has a EK 1 Spange 1939 with a L 21 MM ( No / between the L & 21) post a pic. of the front & back this would be a great service, I am trying to master this dig. camera but it is not going to good. Just to compare with the one I have. Someone told me It might be a repro.

Thanks for any help.
    Dale B

Does the front look like this?

George

Comment

Hello George ,Thanks for the fast reply, thats a good pic. I would say yes mine seems to be duller or more frosting?? on the bird. The nines look alike. My bird is very detailed. I hope the one you showed is real .

Thanks George

Dale B

Comment

And does the back look like this?

George

Comment

Hello , yes even the MM is in the same place, and the pin is bent a little like the one your showing. the only diff. is the catch yours is round wire mine is flat, soldered on the same. Hope this is a good sign?

Thanks again George

Dale B

Comment

Dale

I'm afraid it's not a good sign. These Spanges are repros, the infamous Flochs. (The maker's mark on mine is "L11" but they often have "L21.")
            Sorry.
            George

Comment

Thanks George, not what I wanted to hear but thats why I joined this Forum, thanks for all the help George.

Dale B

Comment

Hello Dale,
                Yes, these Spangen are bogus. They are well known fakes that have been around for a long time. At least 15 years or more. The pins on these are usually soft and bend too easily.
                Best regards! Tom
                Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hello again, ? what are the (Infamous Flocks) you were talking about. Trying to learn from past mistakes .

Thanks Dale B

Comment

Yes mate

I would have to agree with big george on that one , the L21 was very heavy fake , i have seen a few over the years and to be honest i try to stay clear for that reason , amazing though how tricky them fakes can get , but we live and learn , and now you are a member of the best source on earth to check stuff out , you wont go to much wrong after this

regards

jack

Comment

"Infamous Flochs" are a series of reproduction, post-war badges manufactured (or commissioned?) by an enterprising gentleman named Johannes Floch. These bad badges include EKs, KVKs, and Spangen, and they have polluted the collecting community for years.
                      George

Comment

And

polluted a lot of peoples hard earned cash aswell .........Beware of the Flock , He's had me.....and im still looking for him(joke)
                        If you do a search on "flock" i think you will find quite a few interesting posts that might help you out for reference ,

Anyway , enough about Flock , Im off to the pub to talk Football and Drink as many pints as i can to ease the fact that i have spent a fortune today ?

(on what??????........aaaahhhhh???????? , thats a secret?)

Jack

Comment

Floched?

Well, here is my weekend acquisition. Didn't have my reference materials at hand and, although I didn't feel 100% right about this one, I took a chance. It is maker-marked L21.

Judging by the images posted here by George Stimson, I guess that I should have gone with my gut-feeling. Would you agree or not? (If so, I believe that I will be able to return it.)

Thanks,
                          John Burchell
                          Attached Files

Comment

Reverse view: which seems to look like the "L21" pictured on page 265 of "The Iron Time"...no?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by jwburchell; 11-03-2004, 12:23 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Yes, it's bad. If you are able to, return it.
                              George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X