Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O/L & Swords S/L Good or Bad??

Hello all,
    this belongs to a mate and I was wondering if any body could comment on this piece Weight is 6.3Grm and is 800 silver tested.
    Thank you Jack
    Last edited by Jack; 06-14-2009, 08:28 PM.

back

Last edited by Jack; 06-14-2009, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Hi!

At least this is not pre-45 made piece.

L

Comment

One sided sword hilts that touch?

Comment

more info needed

Thankyou to the people who replyed.But can any body else like to tell me if these are pre or post war maybe 57 piece?Any info would be great G.Williamson has one pictured in his book and this has confused my mate to thinking these are an award piece.
          Cheers Jack(Rob)

Comment

It looks like a Steinhauer and Luck tipe. The swords had 8 dots and the blade is on one side only. In gordon book there are a picture to compare.

Comment

Geissler shows a Steinhauer set of Oaks/Swords which have the "small" one - sided swords with the eight dots in a circle on the crossguard as being genuine period examples. There is also a "small" swords set in my book which was a vet bring back. However, so far the photo shown in the thread with the "large" swords with the square crossguard centre is the only one which I have found where there is period photographic evidence.

Personally I'd always advise people work on the basis that any of the Steinhauer "small" sword type they are offered are most likely postwar 57s unless there was some evidence or provenance to go with them.

Comment

?

Thankyou all for responding.They have no provenance whats so ever.He wants to sell them so what price and how do you sell this type of thing??If we assume these are postwar.
                Cheers Jack (Rob)
                Last edited by Jack; 09-02-2004, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X