Need Opinion on Originality of EK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Opinion on Originality of EK

I need your opinion on this EK, is it original? I got it from my friend who said that this is from his uncle whose German veteran in WW2. It has black scratch but have polished...

Comment

more pics please?

Scott

Comment

I doubt that this is an original government issue WW2 German Iron Cross. It appears to be cast from brass and then plated. There is also no "ribbing" on the front or back frame area. Whatever it is, its trying to be a Knight's Cross with that loop at 12 o'clock high. I like it anyway, can we see the front side?

Comment

Here is the front side:

Comment

Hello,

It's very difficult to review this cross with the photos provided. Can you obtain others that are in sharp focus and downsized?

Regards,
            Stu
            Last edited by Stu W; 11-17-2011, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Sorry Stu, I'm only using phone camera. My digital camera is need to fixed right now...

Comment

Maybe a field conversion to a newly crowned RK winner at the time?

Comment

OK, no worries.

I think Darrell has come up with a plausible explanation.

Regards,
                  Stu

Comment

Actually I didn't mean "conversion" per say from an original cross, but rather a possible creation field made piece for award until the guy received his actual cross. I agree with AUSGANG that is is not an original cross of any grade.

Comment

And regarding these so called "field made" crosses, the big question is always..."When was it made".
                      I would not buy such an item, unless it was either cheap (and a interesting thing) or ot came with rock solid provenance.

Just my 2 cent on this issue.

/Flemming

Comment

Exactly. That's why I don't own any.

Comment

Field conversions are always interesting: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...n+appreciation

But back to this cross... Interesting how the beading is almost flat on the back and yet still somewhat distinct on the front. Cool item but belongs in the category "Weird Crosses" since there's no way to tell the when, where or why about it. I personally think its a biker item probably from the 60s or 70s. Here's my mystery cross...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you guys for the answers. You are really an expert on this matter!

Comment

Originally posted by AUSGANG View Post
                              I personally think its a biker item probably from the 60s or 70s.
                              I agree.
                              Best regards,
                              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X