0pinions needed on cased EKI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0pinions needed on cased EKI

I would be grateful for opinions on this named EKI. I attach some pics.
    Thanks,
    Peter.
    Attached Files

Hello Peter. I'm not comfortable with the engraving font although it may well be legitimate and done post war. Interesting though is that it's a Round 3. Those are few and far between. As to the cross itself, I can't see the beading well enough to comment further as to authenticity.

For something that has potential for considerable value if it is authentic I'd make sure to get Trever, George or one of the other experts to comment before either purchasing it or passing it over.

Regards,
    Stu
    Last edited by Stu W; 11-07-2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

A shot with the pin closed would be good. It looks like it may have been apart too...hard to tell. And without 100% provenance, the engraving is almost certainly a negative.

Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I think the reverse shot shows enough of the pin to see it's a fake -- no R3 EK1 had a pin like that. The front is artfully blurry, but the core looks bad to me too, and the frame -- I would wager -- is this one, here seen on a fake 1914 EK1:

Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

i agree with Trevor.

Comment

But what a crappy job putting that cross together, fake or not.
            I wonder why the faker didn't try to assemble the cross more accurate.

/Flemming

Comment

Thanks Stu, Hank, Trevor, Stephan and Flemming. I have not much experience of EKI's but every engraved one that I have seen so far has been a fake, so whenever I see one that is engraved I automatically get suspicious.
              Thanks for posting the pic Trevor, I have a clearer one of the front of this one, which I post here.
              Attached Files

Comment

Trevor,
                Looking at the beading, there seem to be definite similarities between this one and the one in the pic you posted.
                Peter.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X