Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Odd EK2 From Family

Hi

I met a family the other day to buy some militaria and this cross jumped out at me. At 1st I thought I cannot believe these people are trying to rip me off with a schinkel B copy. I handled it a bit and felt very good about it and bought it, Ive never seen anything like it and notice the dates are weird as is the frame, its actually a larger frame. Does anyone know who made this? All I find when searching is is schinkel B copies, Iam certain this cross is 100% original though imo.

Best
    Dion
    Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Ahh never mind, I found it searching Odd Date. Unknown maker, very weird cross!
      Iam Uncle Sam
      That’s who Iam
      Been hiding out
      In a rock and roll band

Comment

The date on the reverse is certainly not one to forget. The three is amazing!
        Thanks for sharing this.
        regards John

Comment

Sorry john, now my PMs are getting 404 errors, yes it was a woodwork score as they call it. I would say these pieces are 100% period made.
          Iam Uncle Sam
          That’s who Iam
          Been hiding out
          In a rock and roll band

Comment

Hi Dion
            please tell me, is this cross just frosted on the observe ?

Comment

both sides, its much better in hand fabri, the weather and foto conditions in western germany are horrible at the moment, no sun.
              Iam Uncle Sam
              That’s who Iam
              Been hiding out
              In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
                both sides, its much better in hand fabri, the weather and foto conditions in western germany are horrible at the moment, no sun.
                In Germany is a bad weather no sun

Nice Cross. The year number is amazing

BR J0hnny

Comment

i have handled several if them and like them.

greetings,
                  Stefan

Comment

It sure is a cool cross, however, out of curiosity, since the maker of this cross is unknown, what makes it original, wartime made?
                    I mean, if something is unknown, how can this unknown thing be placed at a pre 1945 timeline? What makes people so sure its not made in the 70s for example...

Comment

Originally posted by Steinar View Post
                      It sure is a cool cross, however, out of curiosity, since the maker of this cross is unknown, what makes it original, wartime made?
                      I mean, if something is unknown, how can this unknown thing be placed at a pre 1945 timeline? What makes people so sure its not made in the 70s for example...
                      For me, the materials, construction and then the source which was the grandson whoms grandfather told him he got it in the war for service in Russia, plus I know when someone is BSng me and when they are not.
                      Iam Uncle Sam
                      That’s who Iam
                      Been hiding out
                      In a rock and roll band

Comment

A very very nice example of the "Odd Date" variant. I think this it the best one I've seen.
                        I have a real nice one also, but that one are only frosted on the observe.

Comment

It has been called a Juncker, a "Schinkel-B variant", and in the new Geißler book, this EK is called a Paulman & Crone.

It is none of these things, but rather an unknown maker with an odd date design.
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X