ek1 spange L/57

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ek1 spange L/57

Started to redecorate my study clearing out displays and books and found this L/57 ek1 spange that I miss-placed, opinions?
    Attached Files

bad news I'm afraid... it's fake
    regards
    jon

Comment

Any chance to get a very good closeup of the mark?

Like this...
      Attached Files
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Close up
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the photo.

This Spange is considered a fake Petz & Lorenz, but there was some speculation recently that it could be a good variant or perhaps even by a different maker. I was curious to see if the mark matched the known L/57 mark, but it doesn't.

By the way, the L/12 mark I showed is a fake, too.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

DN once showed one as being authentic (or even sold it) but these have been around for years already.
            The first time I saw it, t was attached to an ek1 as a Juncker combo, complete with Juncker marked case.....

Comment

Thanks guys much appreciate your input being most helpful. Not sure where I bought it but was in early 90's way before being WAF member.

Comment

just sold:
                Attached Files

Comment

and this is the one Weitze sold:
                  Attached Files

Comment

and just for fun
                    this is the one D sold:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Is it just me, or do we see more combos then for just a few years ago?

I really find it strange.

/Flemming

Comment

Flemming, there are more for sale, but the number of authentic combo's is dropping.

The examples that Jon shows , say it all...

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                          Flemming, there are more for sale, but the number of authentic combo's is dropping.

The examples that Jon shows , say it all...
                          I know, I am just wondering, as a original combo has always ( or used to be) as rare as a hens teeth.
                          But now you see them every where. Just wonder why, trying to make more money on the fakes?

/Flemming

PS By fake I also mean those combo that is a clearly postwar put-together but with original hardware.

Comment

It must could make a lot of money -- to put together these original spange and cross . This kind of combo now usually sell by very high price .
                            And I have seen a cased combo at Kai.whinkle's website , it's price is 5500 EURO . Is that one original ? It has been showed sometimes but nobody buy it . Is it beacause of too high price ? Thanks very much .
                            Kind Regards
                            Xiwan

Comment

I am really have a hard time to belive in many of these so called original combo's that we see today, even if they are made out of authetic materials.
                              I would like to see rock hard provenace, before I would pay any primium price these Combos cost.

/Flemming

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X