Is this an EK 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this an EK 2?

I don't post much in any of the forums because I'm still learning and I have learned a lot from all of the guys who do post in the various forums. I contacted a guy a couple of weeks ago, he was looking to trade some stuff. This EK2 and a DRLG silver lifesaving pin are what I ended up with. I have no idea on the value of either item, I just liked them and they are things I don't have in my collection. Any information about this would be greatly appreciated.

Yes its an EK2 made by Souval

Nick

Comment

Can I please ask you a couple of questions? How do you know the maker just by looking at this photo? What distingushes it from another maker? IF there is a way, do I need to clean it?

Comment

NO!! Do not clean it, it takes away from the value and makes it look bad.
        There are quite a few articles here at WAF in the forums to search that will tell you what to look for to distinguish different makers of Crosses.
        Also there are a few members that have done a LOT of research and have written books with illustrations showing the differences of different makers, what to look for for fakes and reproductioins.
        Nice EK2 by the way..
        Van

Comment

Well the frame and the core match with maker maked Souvals. Well the EK is very fine as it is. One need to take care before cleaning old medals, and mostly the item only will lose value if done.

Best
          Nicolai

Originally posted by rrobertscv View Post
          Can I please ask you a couple of questions? How do you know the maker just by looking at this photo? What distingushes it from another maker? IF there is a way, do I need to clean it?

Comment

ek2

hi: Souval crosses have rounded corners next to swaz.,along with each corner having what appers a straight claw mark. at the 12:00 o'clock to the left on the beading a flaw horizontal mark on the beading
            Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RICK S View Post
              hi: Souval crosses have rounded corners next to swaz.,along with each corner having what appers a straight claw mark. at the 12:00 o'clock to the left on the beading a flaw horizontal mark on the beading
              Rick
              Thanks, that is what I was looking for, just an idea of how you know at a glance.

Comment

Originally posted by Van View Post
                NO!! Do not clean it, it takes away from the value and makes it look bad.
                There are quite a few articles here at WAF in the forums to search that will tell you what to look for to distinguish different makers of Crosses.
                Also there are a few members that have done a LOT of research and have written books with illustrations showing the differences of different makers, what to look for for fakes and reproductioins.
                Nice EK2 by the way..
                Van
                Thanks for the answer. I knew cleaning affected the value of antique furniture, just wasn't sure if it did the same to a medal.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X