No announcement yet.

WW1 Pilot with the Knights Cross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I venture a very far-fetched idea here: he was collector!

I know from some experience that not every lawyer, dentist, manager, even former soldier of the German forces who owns a Knights Cross was also an awardee....
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Like Ritterkreuzträger in WW2 you can also buy RK in the orden shop ,normaly with RK document for proof!

Comment

Who knows what is going on but so far from talking to the Pilots daughter and looking at the pictures I know;

He is wearing the WW1 Ek1 and buttonhole ribbon for the WW1 EK2 in the pictures.
        He is wearing the Bavarian pilot badge in the WW1 photo.
        Another picture she has, shows him wearing a ribbon bar with ribbons for the WW1 EK2,Bavarian Bravery Medal, and Hindenberg Cross.

In WW2 he was a trainer Pilot and the photos show him still wearing the WW1 Bavarian Pilot Badge. As for the other stuff , who knows. The daughter thought the stuff was all his but you know how that goes. I will try to get some more information on other family members.

How would you suggest I get a copy of his records? Would they be at the record center in washington. Berlin doc center?

I don't think he could buy a war time cross if he was not able to supply a document showing he earned it. She did have a large box of photos and documents but there were no award docs as I was hoping. There were also 2 post war tank destruction strips , 3 sports badges (Weimar type2) and a glider qualification patch for the sleeve.
        Last edited by D Funk; 10-05-2011, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Well I did get an email from the Veterans daughter today and it looks like there were no other boys in the service. So that rules out the son and brother theory. He did end the war as a Major in the Luftwaffe so I guess I will have to dig up some records on him somehow. Any Suggestions?

Comment

Nice medals
            Erichjr

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X