L/11 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L/11 question

I have a deumer ek1 and the beading on the inner part of the frame is thicker than all my other ek1s the swas, is the same thickness but is less than flush because of the thicker beading, the cross is not thicker than usuall but the innerbeading is a mm or so thicker. has any one seen this on the L/11s? or other crosses. it has all the standard charicteristics of a 11 marked cross, the bloop on the nine, the boxed L/11 catch hinge, but the thicker beading. can any one post close ups of thair L11s? the swas esp, thanks

Hi Ed,

I have a unmarked EK2 with the thicker beading and lower swaz which may match yours. If you can post a good clear closeup of the centre beading I can compare them for you.

Regards,
    Brett

Comment

Here's my L/11. Regards Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

beading char

when comparing beading die char. on ek1s, is it possible to have say what is the top of one cross be the bottom of another or the left arm of another?
        when making the ek1s they were not concerned with faking so is it not possible for one cross to have the top be the bottom ect? with ekes they were made so the two halves were joined at the top edge if I am not mistaken. but not on the ek1s, am I correct? so if I compare one cross to another I need to orient them from the same side to start. or am I all wet?

Comment

iron cross ek1 l11

I have the same thing with mine. here are the photos of mine and the best I can do. I believe it is an all original corss. it seems to match all the ones I have seen. but my innerbead is larger than others I have seen. as far as the question of the rims being able to be turned,I never thought of it.
          Maybe some of the more experianced ones here can help.
          The link to my photos is; http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...=465432#465432

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X