Max show opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evilmike View Post
    Did regimentals have lots of fake Ek's? They usually have quite a few to choose from in the shows in the UK
    Yeah they had one or two baddies, but some very nice real ones too.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I see lots of dealers --- no customers

Comment

Nice photos, next time im back in DR i will consider coming over to see this show.

Comment

sshort!!! Thank you so much for the photos!!! This looks incredible.. John Huff is right, lots of dealers, not much customers. I did expect it to be busier... perhaps these pics were taken early. I am so pleased I got to see this.. thank you again! Scott

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
            Here are a couple of photos. 1. The main room (there are two others) 2. A typical table (maybe Regimentals?)
            Trevor thanks for post it.
            RS

Comment

Originally posted by John Huff View Post
              I see lots of dealers --- no customers
              Thanks for the replys Gents! John's observation is right on! Probably much wheeling and dealing between the dealers but a poor showing for collector purchasing!
              Kevin

Comment

My observation: All dealers are not created equal. Those that engaged prospects probably made the sale. Many sat in their chairs and didn't greet prospects as they walked by. This was only my second Max Show, so forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but I'm not sure if this is normal, or a sign of the poor economy.

I have a list of those guys that made me feel that they wanted my business. These are the guys that will be getting my business on their websites in the coming year.

In my career, I've realized business from contacts I made years ago, but the customer remembered the time I took with them and appreciated straight up discussion, information and advice. First impressions last, and if you make a good one, you'll be in the game for sales in the future.

Dealers are important to this hobby. I appreciate what they do. It's easy to complain and criticize them, just as people complain about their banker, lawyer, doctor and insurance agent. They are needed in this hobby. Thanks guys, I truly hope things go well in the coming year.

Comment

Kevin, Bob and all,

I am also kind of thinking the interest in the hobby is slowly waining. There will always be die hards that are involved (people reading this post). The dealers will always have the passion. However, I feel there is a lower % of younger folks to replace the olders that leave that will create demand for our memorabilia. In a simple economics 101 scenario is that the greater the demand on many commodity product the price goes down... the greater the demand on a limited resource (our memorabilia) the price will go up... Hence if less of a demand is on our limited resource prices will come down, interest will wain etc...

I could be totally wrong and perhaps someone elses crystal ball works better than mine... However, I just see that in the future guys like us will be less and less out there... Hence lower attendance at shows. Perhaps it is just the economy or a sign of things to come..

It is like one collector once told me, "I don't want to leave my collection to my grandkids because they don't know what came first- World War I or World War II."

Just my two cents... Thank you for listening.. Scott

Comment

Thank You guys for photos.
                    And what about prices on MAX SHOW re hi or.. !?
                    Regards
                    Mark

Comment

Nice to see pictures of the Max ,... thanks to those who posted .

Douglas

Comment

pictures can be deceiving.ive been going to the MAX since they changed the location to pittsburg and this years show had a good attendance crowd.

tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X