Knights Cross prices ( lower end )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knights Cross prices ( lower end )

Dear All , I have always been interested in adding a KC to my collection; but at the moment could not afford to be spending the $ 9K that seems to be the lower end prices from those I have looked at . Can any of you experts out there perhaps advise me as to what is the bottom end price for just the cross ( as i have a genuine ribbon ) .Do they ever come on to the market in waterfound / part relic condition? Can anyone help point me in the right direction ?? Many Thanks .

well a dealer i dealt with today showed me a knights cross for £4k (i think it was a type 4 or something)

no ideal if the cross was original though..
    Last edited by redline09; 09-22-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by waffen44 View Post
      Dear All , I have always been interested in adding a KC to my collection; but at the moment could not afford to be spending the $ 9K that seems to be the lower end prices from those I have looked at . Can any of you experts out there perhaps advise me as to what is the bottom end price for just the cross ( as i have a genuine ribbon ) .Do they ever come on to the market in waterfound / part relic condition? Can anyone help point me in the right direction ?? Many Thanks .
      For an investment like this ... save up ... even when you need more money .. save up ...

Don't buy the first cheapest one you find. Buy a quality piece that you will be happy to have in your collection.

Remember ... one day you'll sell it ... and if it's in poor condition or average run of the mill ... no one else will likely want it either.

Comment

I completely agree with Darrell. Save save save! The reward will be well worth it. A minty or nice worn example will always gain a greater value over the years as opposed to one in relic condition. And, if you can't sell it when you want or need to, your stuck with it.
        sigpic

Comment

Hmm

Maybe maker 4 S&L???. Well without pictures... 4000GPB could be cheap or a

Nicolai

Originally posted by redline09 View Post
          well a dealer i dealt with today showed me a knights cross for £4k (i think it was a type 4 or something)

no ideal if the cross was original though..

Comment

I waited for 30 years for mine and I suddenly was in the right place at the right time. The price, condition, and seller came togeather at the same time I had just sold something to where I had the cash in hand. Wait for the right piece and you will want to keep it forever. If you compromise you will end up selling it anyways.

Comment

Put the money aside, so that you are prepared, buy a good book (Dietrich Maerz´) and study and then just wait for the right moment. Be patient and buy from a well known dealer or collector. Good luck!

Comment

I want denazifiziert RK in my collection .
                What price of this cross today ?

Comment

Originally posted by alef-alef View Post
                  I want denazifiziert RK in my collection .
                  What price of this cross today ?
                  Do you mean a wartime RK with swastika removed or an 1957 issue RK ( which were awarded to veterans ) ?

Grtz
                  Mathijs

Comment

War time RK with HK removed

Comment

Theres one on Weitze , de nazified and attributable 4500 Euro , awarded late April 1945.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Coburg View Post
                        Theres one on Weitze , de nazified and attributable 4500 Euro , awarded late April 1945.

Jim
                        Why on earth anyone would want to pay 4500 Euro for a denazified ANYTHING is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Coburg View Post

Jim
                          Thank you !
                          Nice cross ,
                          But I think it's expencive ...

Comment

I just read in the "largest German Militaria Forum" that one of the members there sold a non-magnetic brass cored Neusilber frame B-Type for € 4000.- ($ 5200.-) to an "Ami".
                            And he could ask this high pricee since the discussion at WAF give clear indication that non-iron core (brass) cored S&L B-Types with Neusilber frame could very well be very, very early. It is said that three members here at WAF have each such a cross directly or indirectly from very safe sources. And that the "Amis" are very happy to buy those crosses so cheap due to the statements in my book. Unfortunately, the member states, he cannot name the names....

Now we know! It is all a great conspiracy of the Amis to collect the post-war B-Types for big money. I wonder where these buyers were at the MAX shows? One could acquire quite some post 800-4 or 935-4 B-Types.

This is getting a little retro ...

So, to answer to the question of this thread: non-magnetic B-Types with Neusilber frame are now around $ 5000.-!

Dietrich
                            B&D PUBLISHING
                            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Seems they like to read between the lines of your text to make it whatever they want it to read.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X