DKiG 134 Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKiG 134 Opinions

I am being offered this 134 cross, after going through Dietrich's book I am seeing everything you would expect to find on an original. I see the 2 flaws, the contsruction is correct. It has lots of age and wear that I really like. Did I miss anything?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

comparing it to my 134 (shown here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=537550) I would say it looks promising.

The only thing I wouldn't understand is the very good condition of the backplate in comparison to the front.

Also, my rivets seem to be smaller in diameter, my catch and my needle look slightly different and my 134 mark is more crisp.

I am curious to hear the experts opinion on that, these were just my observations - hope this helps a bit.

Comment

I would like to see a close up photo of the MM.
        The recess looks a bit odd on that photo.

/Flemming

Comment

Here is the MM up close
          Attached Files

Comment

It looks to me like a genuine cross.

The backside was imho heavily cleaned which would explain the rounded edges around the sunburst and the maker mark.

The rivets are indeed a little bigger than usually encountered but 134's are known for a "sloppy" rivet job. Usually you'll see the rivets ripped due to excessive material prior forming (see photo of my 134), I think that could also lead to slightly bigger rivet heads.

I personally would not have an issue with this cross.

Maybe Dietrich will chime in and give us his opinion.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello there,

Looks good to me...

William Kramer
              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Don't worry. One look original cross.

Comment

Original!

Comment

Thanks guys, I really like the worn look of this one. It looks like it was awarded and worn on a tunic.

Comment

Very nice, go for it

Nick

Comment

I wanted to give everyone a heads up. This DKiG was being offered by "Radko" aka Manfred Habich who some of you have posted about as a scammer. He was a new member and responded to a request I made in Estand for a worn DK .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X