Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake RK on ebay

Surprise !

I just received pictures of this cross from the seller on ebay...Of course it's a private auction!

Funny thing is it's the same one mentioned in Peter Viking's post a few days ago . http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=54792

I hate to say it, but Peter is right...looks like someone is trying to clean up. Ebay auction link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Hey! comes with a free Panzerkampfabzeichen! What a deal!

John

Picture

Picture
    Attached Files

Comment

This is exactly what i thought would happen with that cross
      Peter Wiking

Comment

I have emailed the seller where i ask why the same cross is being sold as reproduction at:www.epier.com/BiddingForm.asp?919688

At Epier: Offered for auction here is a stunning, true Museum Copy of this much sought after award

At Ebay: I am told by my local antique dealer that it was manufactured by the Junckers firm in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:State><ST1Berlin</ST1</st1:State>

Peter Wiking
        Last edited by Peter Wiking; 06-03-2004, 09:43 AM.

Comment

it is very exciting how things are becoming traceable with the internet. i do hope dishonest people to have an even harder time with this.

Comment

Has there ever been a real RK offered on ebay?
            Don
            pseudo-expert

Comment

Yes!

Hey Don,

Let me just say this...Good things can be found on ebay, but they are far and few between... Honest RK's have been sold, but it was a while back (1998-99)

I actually like ebay...at least when there used to be more original items.

Back when people were decrying Ebay, I used to get very good stuff off there. You just had to know your stuff...and it helped to know Photopoint or other photo manipulation programs. That way you could see when people were enhancing stuff or hiding things in pictures.

I bought an RK "50" GAB for 200.00 bucks that was absolutely perfect. The guys camera had made the wreath look gold...I knew it was just silver and toned. Others shied away from the piece, but by asking good questions of the seller, I got the piece at a steal. The piece now resides in one of our members collections.

You just have to beat the bushes. I asked for pics of this RK because, who knows? maybe its legitimate...once in a while a little tenacity pays off !

Of course the guy trying to make a profit on this junk should be lined up and...you know

John

Comment

I've gotten a few good PABs on ebay but have yet to see a high-end item I would buy.
                Don
                pseudo-expert

Comment

Looks like he removed the cross

It does help to put a light on these type of frauds.

Cheers.
                  Peter Wiking

Comment

Yes I bought a nice S&L few months ago
                    Originally posted by ddoering
                    Has there ever been a real RK offered on ebay?
                    Don

Comment

Lets hope he didn't stop the auction and offer it to the highest bidder at $810 which was the highest price, and according to ebay rules he's allowed to do.

Now thats a good scam isn't, place the item, get interested parties, cancel and sell. Sod it hadn't thought of that one before.
                      Regards
                      Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X