Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 #2 help with the Maker?

Hello All,

Just received another unmarked EK2 and would like to know the maker, so that I might create a placard for my collection. Any suggestions and comments are appreciated.

The weight is 19.9g the width and height are 44.88 x 44.76mm. The core is magnetic.

Thank you,

Eric
    Attached Files

close-up and dates:
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Your EK2 is unmarked 24

Comment

Nice good cross .
          Would like to see a closeup of this corner cicled in yellow to see if it has the Rettenmaier flaw .

Douglas
          Attached Files

Comment

Douglas,

Here are the additional pictures you requested both with and without flash.

If you wouldn't mind, could you please explain what you are look for and it's significance? (The only reference I could find to 'Rettenmaier flaw' involved your post some years back on an EK1 pin set - very interesting btw: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ttenmaier+flaw)

Regards,

Eric

Comment

Pictures:
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Eric :

Thank you for the closeups . It not a Rettenmaier cross as the corner flaw is not there and the corner is different .

Dietrich Maerz and George Stimson have put out an EK1 book and amongst the many other makers --> show 16 -- L59 with very detailed multiple features that identify the Rettenmaier frame and core .... page 364 and 365 in peticular . To see these fine features good closeups are needed ... hence the request for the additional pictures .
                The book pictures I cannot put up - copyright ... only ones I Have that show the one corner with flaw .

Regards , Douglas
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X