Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need your experience on GERMAN CROS, a very tough work to be doing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need your experience on GERMAN CROS, a very tough work to be doing....

Hi All,

I think nobody raised this question before, so i can't have any reference that how i can do it.
    I will have a DKiS in top rare version, over all is very good, but the enamel has some chips and a very little broken, as we know, the swastika is attached to the white plate by 2 hooks (zimmermann). i am so serious upon the condition, so i am wondering to buy a DKiG zimmermann with excellent enamel, and remove its swastika to the DKiS for replacement. Is it difficult to remove it without any demages?
    Please don't tell me "don't do that, remain it", i need a pratical experience or suggestion to remove it.

thanks
    canny

IMO you will damage two original cross if you do it

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by DKig View Post
      Hi All,

I think nobody raised this question before, so i can't have any reference that how i can do it.
      I will have a DKiS in top rare version, over all is very good, but the enamel has some chips and a very little broken, as we know, the swastika is attached to the white plate by 2 hooks (zimmermann). i am so serious upon the condition, so i am wondering to buy a DKiG zimmermann with excellent enamel, and remove its swastika to the DKiS for replacement. Is it difficult to remove it without any demages?
      Please don't tell me "don't do that, remain it", i need a pratical experience or suggestion to remove it.

thanks
      canny
      Don't do this. It will jeopardize breaking both crosses. Accept it for what it is or sell it and buy what you truly want. -Ger

Comment

The only thing you will gain out of this will be two "tampered with" cross, which then will decrease in value.
        Also if you want to sell at a later point, you will have two DK with non original rivits, which will make it more difficult to sell the crosses imo.

/Flemming

PS But in the end, it is up to you, as the crosses will be yours.

Comment

Regarding the removal without damage...the rivits will for sure be damaged.

/Flemming

Comment

my stupid thinking just occurred to me , after your words i won't have a try, because i don't demage 2 crosses, they are so costly !!

thanks for all!!

canny

Comment

Good decision.

Comment

Yes

Very good decision, not to do this vandalism

Comment

Im shocked to read this!
                  Remove a swastika = bad idea.

Comment

In my humble opinion there is no point in altering or trying to "improve" an item-I like to collect these stuff cause they are a piece of a brutal history-the damages they bear or their flaws are the marks of history and of the people that handled them and these marks is what makes them important for me. So I agree that deciding not to mess with them is the wise thing to do.

Just my two pennies

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X