MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why we should have insurance on our collections.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why we should have insurance on our collections.

darn shame, looked like a nice EK1 at one time till fire got to it.
    Attached Files

How true!! I got insurance on my collection but they needed a LOT of info and valuations on anything valuable--although it Gives you a small amount of piece of mind in the event of a fire you still have that horrible decision-- Save the wife or your collection

Comment

Thats horrible we all hope it never happens.I got insurance to i even called the insurance company to make sure it was.You never know you hear some crazy stuff in this world

Comment

I was rather "lucky" once.
        We had our house robbed two years ago, "they" took a lot of things, but didn't take anything from my collection.

But most of my single malt Whisky collection was gone and almost everything that had to do with PC/Computers plus accessories.

/Flemming

PS We was insured, so we lost "only" about 1500€ on this "incident".

Comment

Insurance

As always, insurance can protect against the monetary loss, which is important. Insuraning replacement is quite another thing, especially if a collection has very rare items that may only exist in small numbers. What it took years of seaching for and often some good luck to find may not be replaceable, unlike a home, car and many other valueables that are routinely insured. That is the collector's challenge.

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
          I was rather "lucky" once.
          We had our house robbed two years ago, "they" took a lot of things, but didn't take anything from my collection.

But most of my single malt Whisky collection was gone and almost everything that had to do with PC/Computers plus accessories.

/Flemming

PS We was insured, so we lost "only" about 1500€ on this "incident".

Comment

A bit off topic, but this cross looks very strange - the core melted down, and it looks like it was iron one - but the rim and hardware seems unaffected - even soldering of pin and catch didn't melt.

Comment

We had a chimney fire (this fireplace is in the middle of the house) and only the fire department getting there within 5 minutes saved the house & collection. Have a couple of insurance quotes & I'll pull the trigger shortly.
              Any ins company suggestions besides USAA & CIA?
              Thanks!
              Greg

Comment

Thanks godness here in Italy houses are made of stone, not of wood.
                We only have some concerns about earthquakes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X