Thoughts on these EK1's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on these EK1's

I posted A little bit ago, I have been out on vacation. 1 was identified. Your opinions on this Unmarked and L/11

1st is the Unmarked.
    Mag Core, 3 piece
    Attached Files

hardware
    Attached Files

Comment

L/11

I believe this one is good, I just want conformation as the pictures I posted before were horrible side ways shots.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hardware/L/11
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,am no way an expert but I think your unmarked EK is a Souval but I could be wrong.Do you have a reverse shot of the L/11,I have just obtained one is it marked like this?John
          Attached Files

Comment

That looks like a nice Deumer

Comment

Hello Thanks for the Reply, Here is the photo, Outside lighting is a nightmare in Florida, Along with insnside. I believe it is the correct marking.
              Attached Files

Comment

Wartime Souval?

Is the Souval a war time?

It has the rounded Frame, Fat swas, Die Flaw, Ridge marks and proper hardware?

Comment

Thats just it,I have a LDO cased Souval and it meets all the details in the EK1 book,but because of Souvals reputation in the post war years some collectors do not trust them at least thats how I see it and as I said I am no expert and could be wrong.John

Comment

Thanks. I have seen some of the post war. This one has some actual wear. I guess its in the eyes of the beholder, I like my eks mint neither of these meet that criteria. I just wanted the ok before I pass them on. Thanks alot collector for your help on these.

Comment

Originally posted by collecter View Post
                      ...because of Souvals reputation in the post war years some collectors do not trust them at least thats how I see it and as I said I am no expert and could be wrong.
                      I think you nailed it John

Souval was making EKs after the war.

In my opinion, some of Souval's cores, marks and pins are more likely to be wartime originals, and others more likely to be postwar, but as far as I know there is no reliable test to determine if a Souval cross is wartime or postwar. So how can you really know?
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts, I have place it on estand with a low price because of the shady Souval company lol.. Thank You both for your help.

Josh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X