Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DkiG - Steinhauer & Lueck?!

Folks,

can you please take a look at this DKiG? The seller claims it to be a late Steinhauer & Lueck piece ... but if I remember correctly, those were never officially awarded during wartime and only produced post-war?!

Any input will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

backside
    Attached Files

Comment

two more ... thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Different baseplate for the catch and different rivets than normally seen. Is there an incused '4' on the pin reverse?

S&L DK's are the subject of controversy, but many (if not most) believe that it is more likely that some were, in fact, produced during the war.

Comment

As already saif SuL DK are some sort of believing ... I'm one of the pro SUL collectors and think they were wartime made.

Attached is one i accept as wartime one and i think that this one has another "feeling" than your one. Judged by my gut feeling the one you show is imo to perfect. I like the white frosting but the golden wreath and the red area gives me a bad feeling.
          Attached Files
          Best regards, Andreas

______
          The Wound Badge of 1939
          www.vwa1939.com
          The Iron Cross of 1939- out now!!! Place your orders at:
          www.ek1939.com

Comment

Some more pictures
            Attached Files
            Best regards, Andreas

______
            The Wound Badge of 1939
            www.vwa1939.com
            www.ek1939.com

Comment

and the last picture
              Attached Files
              Best regards, Andreas

______
              The Wound Badge of 1939
              www.vwa1939.com
              www.ek1939.com

Comment

Hi Andreas,

thanks a lot for your information and your pictures - I really appreciate this.

Looking at the pictures, the main difference I recognize is the needle - the one you show is twisted ...

I still have my doubts of what to do - especially now you basically raise a red flag with "being to perfect" ... my gut feeling tells me to stay away, I guess.

Thanks again ...

Comment

Hi Kev,

I've already contacted the seller stating what this piece actually is.
                  IMO its a rare Deschler made 1957 issue DKiG, which had the EK1 on top removed and replaced by a swastika.
                  Rivits were removed and the swastika refitted and re-rivited. Hence not a wartime made piece and certainly not S&L.

IMO a very scarce 57er piece has been destroyed in order to make it pass as a wartime piece.

Adding snapshots of this 57er Deschler piece ( pix courtesy of member Mbizy ).

Grtz
                  Mathijs
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Matthieu; 07-30-2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks Mathijs and all - great piece of information, I guess I will stay away from this one!

This board is always reliable - that's amazing

Comment

Hi Kev,

just for the records: the twisted needle on my cross was not factory made ... it was twisted by it's owner - a german pilot -. You will see this twisting sometimes on flight clasps too.
                      Best regards, Andreas

______
                      The Wound Badge of 1939
                      www.vwa1939.com
                      www.ek1939.com

Comment

Was this 1957 version made by Deschler? The wreath appears the same as the 1941 model, as do the rivet style.

Rich
                        Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                        Decorations of Germany

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X