what do you think about this KC 800 ?

Chris

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

bad copy

Comment

I think it's one of the better copies of the RK. Nimmergut used to certify these all the time. Nevertheless, it is a fake.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Well i shouldnt buy it

Andy

Comment

The frame on this cross was also used (by an unknown maker) to make a very nice 1957 version. (illustrated in Dietrich's book with a postwar set of the Brilliants, but not identified). Whether or not it was ever actually used by anyone during the war is totally unknown at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                    The frame on this cross was also used (by an unknown maker) to make a very nice 1957 version. (illustrated in Dietrich's book with a postwar set of the Brilliants, but not identified). Whether or not it was ever actually used by anyone during the war is totally unknown at this point.
                    Interesting. I know the type you are referring to. So you found a matching frame! That I did not know.

Don't we see the same type here?
                    Attached Files
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Comment

Fake Juncker marks, and the Nimmergut COA.
                      Attached Files
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Comment

Great photos, Trevor! Can't tell for sure that it's the exact same frame, but certainly looks like it. That "2" mark is horrible and almost looks like it's engraved.

Gordon Williamson mentioned that, postwar, Juncker made some crosses using frames from another company (supposedly one that was not one of the "official" makers) which looked better than their wartime ones. I've often wondered if this was the frame they used.

Comment

All very interesting information. I too have read that Juncker made some very nice awards after the war -- including the House Order of Hohenzollern. I don't think this is 100% confirmed, but it is widely believed to be true. Luckily, all the dies were different from their wartime dies.

Here are some more of that cross, which can also be seen here.
                          Attached Files
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Comment

Not a chance!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X