Oakleaves with swords L/13 = 7.500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oakleaves with swords L/13 = 7.500

Find in a old catalogue from Hermann Historica No. 23 from 1990 .
    Number 5504 = Startprice 7.500 DM (german mark)

Silver "850" with L/13 from company Gustav Brehmer, Markneukrichen
    Attached Files

Meybauer, not Brehmer.

But also interesting. Is it the S&L type?
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Very similar, don't you think, to this non maker-marked set (also with 7 "dots" in the hilts)?
      Attached Files

Comment

Adding this pic to help stimulate discussion. The cross is a typical Juncker.
        Attached Files
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Comment

A 1939 Grand Cross marked to Meybauer was shown here some time ago. The Oakleaves shown (from Hermann Historica) were, I believe, also shown in Gordon Williamson's book. The RK shown by Trevor is an authentic Juncker to which an L/13 mark was added before assembly. All of this leads to the conclusion that Meybauer was also in the market for these pieces, at least on a commercial basis, and may have also been trying for acceptance as an official PKZ supplier.

Comment

I haven't looked in Dietrich's RK book for some time now, but I think I remember him talking about a L/13 marked RK in there also, isn't that correct?

/Flemming

Comment

The two swords set are not of the same pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                The two swords set are not of the same pattern.
                That's why I said "similar". Actually, the ones I posted have S&L Oakleaves, but the swords with 7, instead of the 8 used by S&L, "dots". Just trying to show the multiple versions which may be out there. Gordon Williamson also showed this type.

Comment

I own a set of these "Maybauer" L/13 swords... http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=L%2F13+swords

Never have known what to make of them....

Marshall

Comment

Marshall - I wonder if there was some type of friendly relationship between Juncker and Meybauer?

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                      Marshall - I wonder if there was some type of friendly relationship between Juncker and Meybauer?
                      Hi,

i wouldn't be surprised if the answer would be yes. Here are some known connections from Meybauer:

The iron cross 1914 which was sold by Meybauer after 1918 were made by the firm Hermann Wernstein and Meybauer put only the parts together.

Meybauer mini combos can be found maker marked L/13 only on the compound setup while the awards itself are unmarked or maker marked by another firm.

So i wouldn't be suprised if Meybauer was in certain areas some sort of re-seller.
                      Best regards, Andreas

______
                      The Wound Badge of 1939
                      www.vwa1939.com
                      The Iron Cross of 1939- out now!!! Place your orders at:
                      www.ek1939.com

Comment

Hi, Andreas,
                        Nice to see you again posting!
                        I wonder if someone could pull up photos of the "L/12" Oakleaves and see how they compare to the "L/13" set? (I'd do it myself, but I'm already late to work!).
                        Best,
                        G

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                          Meybauer sold the "Juncker" design Kampfwagonabzeichen.
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

Yes there was probably a close relation since they were located on the same adress in Berlin at the time. Alte Jakobstr 13 Berlin SW68

// Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger88 View Post
                              Yes there was probably a close relation since they were located on the same adress in Berlin at the time. Alte Jakobstr 13 Berlin SW68

// Thomas
                              That is a very interesting piece of information. May I ask, how do you know that? And what date/year specifically?
                              Best regards,
                              Streptile

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X