EK 2 Your thoughts Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 2 Your thoughts Please

I have had this EK2 in my collection for over 4 years and I have sometimes had my suspicions about it. I purchased it from a dealer with a good name but it is unlike any EK2 I have seen in regards to finish and the small attachment loop at the top. I know very little about EK's and would value other opinions. Thanks
    Attached Files

Some more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Phil,

Is the core magnetic?
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

My thoughts are an 'Orth'

Nick

Comment

In my opinion it 's a nice cross, original and hand frosted.

Comment

Thanks guys for all your help. Yes the core is magnetic. I think its the frosted finish that put me off a bit. As I said, I am not at all experienced with these items. Thanks again.

Comment

Compaired frame and core to ones I have - I would have to say a S&L frame and core . Do not know if Orth obtained any parts from S&L .

Douglas

Comment

That's a beautiful cross, congrats!

Comment

The paint, the swastika and the frame are really reminds me for this unknown maker possibly Moritz Hausch cross, can Lemm's cross from the same maker just later variant?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Not the same cross Hans ..... the corner dense bead count rules that out .

Douglas

Comment

Hans - Robert Pierce had one just like yours and I thought it was something like a CF Zimmermann ??

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                        Hans - Robert Pierce had one just like yours and I thought it was something like a CF Zimmermann ??

Douglas
                        Hello Douglas,

several cross had beeen found with Moritz Hausch packet earlier, so I think thats the correct maker of that cross. It is also a Pforzheim maker by the way.

Comment

Well Hans .... I still cannot see where these would be a variation of each other ? 2 different working dies here all together .... but lets see what others think .

Douglas
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                            Well Hans .... I still cannot see where these would be a variation of each other ? 2 different working dies here all together .... but lets see what others think .

Douglas
                            Okey, I believe you, I am not a EK expert.

Comment

Thanks for all your import. I appreciate it. I was going to sell it but now I may hang onto it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X