Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things that make you go hmmm..KVK1?

Hey Guys
    This very nice number 4 marked S&L KVK1 has been in my collection for ages and i was always perfectly happy with it ... until today.
    On a few of the threads i've noticed people voicing concerns over tool marks on pins - and my KVK has just such a mark a few mil bellow the hinge. Hopefully the pic will show it - sorry i cant zoom in more. It appears definately to be a tool mark rather than a scratch, but the pin does also have what appears to be a spiralling casting mark, going from right to left, top to bottom. Pictured also is the case.
    KVK experts out there, Should i be worried?
    Attached Files

the box

The tool mark is difficult to see i appologise. Its to the left below the hinge on the pin and appears like a shadow. It's arm shield in shape with impressed lines. Heres the box
    Attached Files

Comment

A macro shot of the mark would help

Comment

Hmmmm....

Interesting...Far from an expert but my KVK marked "4" (incuse in a box) has similar marks to yours at the hinge end of the pin so maybe I should be worried too. Not that it means much but I have owned this cross since the mid 70's...

Regards

JC
        Attached Files

Comment

I have 2 and one has tooling marks but they are like 3 lines together.
          Im worried to hmmmmm.

Comment

The only tooling marks I can recall people being worried about are those found on Flochs and postwar Souval ek1s. I wonder if Dietrich could comment?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X