Opinions on War Merit Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on War Merit Cross

My Friend asked me to post his new War Merit Cross on the Forum. To be honest, I have never seen this type of pin assembly on a War Merit Cross before. I am familiar with the common broad and flat pin variants. Within a post in the Crosses of the Wehrmacht (4/28-2007 by Steve) an unusual round pin assembly was presented on a 1st class KVK and the membership suggested at that time that the cross was post 1945 manufacture. The cross that I present is frosty zinc , 49mm across, and weighs 17.2 grams. Would this pin assembly suggest WW2 era or perhaps post WW2 for this cross? Many thanks in advance for your help. Happy collecting. Vern
    Attached Files

Another picture

The front of the frosty KVK (right) along with another KVK. Sorry- about the clearness of the photo. Thank you again for your help.
    Attached Files

Comment

btt

btt-

Comment

is it just me or is the wreath around the swastika seem bigger than the one on the left?

Comment

btt

Alot of you have seen this, but does any one have an opinion on this cross??? Many thanks for your time.

Comment

Here's the thread on the other one that has been discussed on the forum.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=kvk1

Wayne

Comment

I have one of these w/o swords, and here's a couple of threads with it:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=KVK

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=KVK

all the best,
              Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thank you

Many thanks to bytown and Mr. Cummings for your information help. Happy collecting.

Comment

This cross looks a lot like the one with swords in the second link that Hank posted below. Am I correct in assuming that the pin style is okay? What about the finish? The one in the link is kind of frosty too, but this one has streaks on the back that are very odd, especially how they originate in the angles between the cross arms. Any ideas about what might have caused this? Can anyone say with any certainty that this cross is genuine or fake? Thanks.

Roger

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X