Spanish Cross opinion requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish Cross opinion requested

These are the only photos I have. Marked 900 with, I believe, the Meybauer coat of arms.

While I've always wanted one of these, I've no clue on authenticity and if this marker mark is often faked.

So, the dumb questions of the day are:
    A. Can you tell from these crappy pictures if it's authentic?
    B. Is it possible this is a gold version versus a silver?
    C. What's a reasonable price / value of one of these pursuant to the answer to A & B?

Thanx folks, Rick
    Attached Files

last
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks like it is good but I wouldn't buy it without better pics. I doubt it is gold. I do not recall seeing a faked coat of arms before but that doesn't mean much because they could make one or add a mark to an existing fake at any time.

Comment

Would need better pics, for maker mark and catch and pin but still condition is very bad, would be better to save money for better example even if it is real.

Best Regards,

Adren

Comment

Originally posted by adren View Post
          Would need better pics, for maker mark and catch and pin but still condition is very bad, would be better to save money for better example even if it is real.

Best Regards,

Adren
          If it is a good one that is tarnished silver. It doesn't seem to be beat up. I would get better pics.

Comment

I agree Sal, It looks to be an original one from Meybauer with a very dark patina.

jacques

Comment

You taught me well jacques. I am not sure what these actually sell for these days, but I think 1500e is about right.

Comment

Have requested further/better photos. Will post if they're forthcoming. If not I won't go for it.

Reason I asked about gold or silver was that the photos looked like they showed certain areas appearing gold under tarnish. Could be just bad lighting I suppose. The seller says it's silver.

RC

Comment

Spanish cross

What a coincidence. I am the seller of this spanish cross and am trying to get new pictures with a new camera. Its funny how i was looking for opinions on it and i came to a website that my stuff is getting talked about. Pretty cool i guess.

Comment

TOO FUNNY!!! Welcome to the nuthouse 'skitwostreet'.

You will find this an interesting venue for all militaria.

Rick

Comment

how do you post pics on here I'm confused

Comment

Call me. I'll walk you

Comment

I just emailed you 2 more pics if there good can you post them for me? Thanks

Comment

Two more photos. Front & front lightened up a bit on my MAC.
                            Attached Files

Comment

reverse original & lightened
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X