WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May I have your opinion on this one please ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I have your opinion on this one please ?

It's marked 33 or something but the picture is not a really good one... Let me know your feeling.

333 fake

Comment

Thats a fake ? wow sure fooled me , but i never saw a 333 . I noticed ss manufacturers had large numbers like that , such as 475, 380, 457, so for curiositys sake, is there someone who cares to elaborate more about this 333. I have noticed many fakes are fakes of originals, with the age showing with this one, could this number have been an ss maker? The patina sure cant be faked that good IMO. I think its unusual for a fake to look so old , as fake patina is easily spotted, and has me thinking it just possibly may be real. Just my gut feeling. Could you post closer shots to see each side closer but not too close, so the whole side is seen clearly. Nobody has a COMPLETE list of the ss manufacturers numbers YET, so who knows about the 333?
      Last edited by juoneen; 05-17-2011, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I too think it's a 333 fake.

Regards,
        Stu

Comment

If you have it in hand check it against the one here...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=333

...and then go to the next thread linked within for further reading.

My eyes are not what they once were so better to wait for others to respond.

Regards,
          Stu

Comment

if that mark is 333 then it is fake. But photos are terrible

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
              Thats a fake ? wow sure fooled me , but i never saw a 333 . I noticed ss manufacturers had large numbers like that , such as 475, 380, 457, so for curiositys sake, is there someone who cares to elaborate more about this 333. I have noticed many fakes are fakes of originals, with the age showing with this one, could this number have been an ss maker? The patina sure cant be faked that good IMO. I think its unusual for a fake to look so old , as fake patina is easily spotted, and has me thinking it just possibly may be real. Just my gut feeling. Could you post closer shots to see each side closer but not too close, so the whole side is seen clearly. Nobody has a COMPLETE list of the ss manufacturers numbers YET, so who knows about the 333?
              Hi juoneen,

Hopefully that's your last edit and I'm not posing this question too soon. I'm uncertain what your reference to the SS means. Are you suggesting that manufacturers of SS awards made their own line of EK?

Regards,
              Stu

Comment

Forgot to mention...that patina, as you say, sure does look good.

Regards,
                Stu

Comment

SS makers

Comment

It's not mine but one for sale. So I don't have any other pictures.

I am impressed to see how it's very well faked

Your answers save me some cash !! Thanks for all your answers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X