Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting 1957 cross

Just got this one in the mail, a very nice 1957 cross
    The cross is very nicely executed. Soldering betwenn the halfes is excelent and details on core and frame are sharp for being a 1957 cross.

Here is what i discovered:
    When i look at it through a magnifying glass, it looks as if the frame is a high quality casting ? There are very small pittmarks along the beading area, and a tiny "castingedge" on inside of the beading.
    Note the shavings. The craftsman has used a tool to sharpen and pick out details, where the beading flattens out.
    Looking at the paintwork using a magnifying glass, i can clearly see a glossy color at a few places. This is then covered with a matt color layer.

The cross is exactly:
    43.9 in width
    43.9 in hight

What are your thoughts guys ?
    Peter Wiking
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Peter Wiking; 05-08-2004, 08:18 AM.

Hmm.. Interesting.. That without a doupt one of the finest 57' ek1's that i have seen to date. The Assman made pieces that i saw were nice, but i can't compare these, since i didn't have a decent camera there..
    The details are indeed sharp for a 57. Those shavings are a feature that i haven't seen before, you live and learn. Thanks for sharing this ek and i'm sure you are enjoying having it in your collection. Any 57's still missing?
    Antti

Comment

Thanks.
      I´m still missing the very early 1957, 2 class cross, to match my Knight Cross.

Cheers.
      Peter Wiking

Comment

Any more ideas around this cross ?

Cheers.
        Peter Wiking

Comment

Can we see the reverse please?

Comment

Here is the back.

Peter Wiking
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that Peter, just as I suspected early pattern piece which I would date from the 1960's.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X