WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This schinkle strained my patience to the max....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This schinkle strained my patience to the max....

Let go one of these at least 5 years ago , now FINALLY I managed to fill the gap

This Meybauer-Schinkel really is the hardest to find Schinkel when it comes to ek1 (the straight 9 however is a good runner-up)

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ben bijker; 05-01-2011, 07:57 AM.

Next to it's younger brother
    Attached Files

Comment

the "regular" shaped ek
      Attached Files

Comment

WOW that's got to be one of the ultimate ek1's! Never imagined a non imperial one existed. Wonderful

Comment

Ek

Ben, very nice Schinkle, now I need to find one. Jim

Comment

@willcpcf : you hardly ever see either of these crosses, they are extremely hard to find.

@jim : I will keep an eye out as well, but don't expect anything to soon....

Comment

btw... still looking for the younger brother.... until i get one i try to console myself with that cross....
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK. View Post

btw... still looking for the younger brother.... until i get one i try to console myself with that cross....

I thought i was almost done

I will keep an eye out for the younger brother!!

Comment

Impressive Ben ......
                  Now another question I had for some time . These Imperial disk multy piece back mounts ..... Are the threaded posts the same to fit a 39 one piece disk ?Do we know if there were regulations on disk type/standards forcing them to switch . Or just using up existing old stock ?

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                    Impressive Ben ......
                    Now another question I had for some time . These Imperial disk multy piece back mounts ..... Are the threaded posts the same to fit a 39 one piece disk ?Do we know if there were regulations on disk type/standards forcing them to switch . Or just using up existing old stock ?

Douglas
                    Thank you Douglas.

No, because the threaded part is soldered to the cross.
                    So a regular '39 disc will not fit.
                    I will post a pic in a min.

I don't think they were forced by regulations, but a one-piece disc with screw is very cheap to produce compared to this 2-piece set-up
                    So they may have used up the old stock, and the switched to the new disc.

ben

Comment

Here it is, you'll see why a regular disc won't fit...
                      Attached Files

Comment

wow very nice couple !!

Comment

The wording was not ideal .... I see . Asking too much at once .
                          The threaded part on those is as one can see - mounted to the back of the cross .
                          a) It about the complete mounting change-around : the threaded rod now being placed on the disk and the thread casing being attched to the cross ? They changed both parts for the one piece disk , instead of mounting the thread casing to the disk and leaving the thread post on the cross . That is why I asked , if they were 'instructed' how to do it .
                          b) Have you tried to screw a - casing mounted cross on to that thread post mounted cross ? I am quit sure it would , but do not have one to try it out myself .

Douglas

Comment

Hi Douglas,

sorry if I miss-understood...

the threaded rod on this cross is thinner them the one on the latter one-piece disc.
                            if I try to screw a 39 cross onto this one, it won't work

Hope this answers your question.....

best regards,
                            Ben

Comment

Just my wording when I rush things .
                              Ok ... so surprizingly everything is different . They changed everything ... which makes me think evermore that they were given something to go by .

Douglas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X